Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McFLURRY RIP ODD

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

2.49 here in the Netherlands.

Sorry, the price of things in the Netherlands is only important when it shows how we are getting ripped off, thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭goodgolfer64

reprazant wrote: »
    Sorry, the price of things in the Netherlands is only important when it shows how we are getting ripped off, thank you very much.

hey find your own rip off thread mate....lol

please....ppls....2.35 for a mcflurry....wake up...its anther bubble...enjoy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Get Real

so despite all the rational explantions and comparing other factors which contribute to price, to which you have not responded, youre still maintaining its a rip off :rolleyes::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Mc slurrys are rank anyway

Thats grand, but doesnt relate to the rip off argument. if theyre muck dont buy them. i notice op you can thank his comment but not reply to any of the rational points. and I dont wanna sound like an ar$ehole :pac: it is all friendly debate, but come on, seriously, care to poke any holes in the reasonable and justifiable explanations?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

debabyjesus If you can't post in a helpful manner, then please don't post.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭goodgolfer64

Get Real wrote: »
    Thats grand, but doesnt relate to the rip off argument. if theyre muck dont buy them. i notice op you can thank his comment but not reply to any of the rational points. and I dont wanna sound like an ar$ehole :pac: it is all friendly debate, but come on, seriously, care to poke any holes in the reasonable and justifiable explanations?:p

ha...bit OTT.....(i sincerely apologies for liking his comment and not having time 2 reply to you)..raising the point of it being a total rip off in comparison...others have justified it as more expensive due to rates n what not....but I dont accept this...corporation tax is less here....insurance imho opinion is slightly more in the north than the south in my field of work.....so...sorry!!!!RIP OFF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

as McD is a US corporation, should you not compare prices in the US to Ireland?

Ah shucks - the McFlurry is $2.49-$2.99 in the US + sales tax. In Oz its $3.50

Seems the UK is the only country with a mcflurry at 99p or anywhere near it. But I do remember they were €1 here a couple of years ago as part of the eurosaver.

So with every western country in the world charging €2 - €2.50 except the UK, I think you can safely say its a UK bargain alert and in no way whatsoever a "rip-off"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

you cant compare it. its a promotional offer, end of.

McFlurry is on the poundsaver menu over there. Its not on the euro saver here

by your arguement you could say the UK is more expensive because of the items we have on the eurosaver that they don't have on the pound saver??

http://www.facebook.com/McDonaldsIreland/app_128953167177144

others have justified it as more expensive due to rates n what not....but I dont accept this...corporation tax is less here....insurance imho opinion is slightly more in the north than the south in my field of work.....so...sorry!!!!RIP OFF

ok so refer to my post on 10-01-13 at 20:10. Can you argue against anything there at all? like is any point in there completely outrageous? I think calling an extra 40cent for an ice cream a rip off is a bit ott ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Get Real wrote: »
    You bought your Mcflurry in Dundrum for 2.35 this signals its probably a franchised store.
    I don't think he even bought one. There was no rip-off, just a price he thinks is high relative to another country who happen to have a huge discount on it. I think there was a rolo mcflurry here recently enough, either €1 or €1.50

I suggested the very similar sundae as an alternative, but of course
    .i dont like sundaes.

The he went on to thank this post
    Mc slurrys are rank anyway

Which suggests he doesn't like the McFlurrys either -which makes sense to me if he doesn't like sundaes.

Though I think this was just a feigned dislike to make out like there was no other option for him.

I wonder how the OP would operate McDonalds if he was in charge. Identical prices all around the world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

I thought I was replying to an after hours thread, I now realise i posted an off the cuff comment in the rather serious rip-off forum.

My humblest apologies and I will now withdraw my rank comment and say:

I don't like McFlurrys but I don't think they are a rip off compared to other ice-cream options whether in ROI or abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

they come from the same ice cream machine as a sundae...................

Advertisement