Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish Disposal - best option?

Options
  • 04-01-2013 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could give me some advice. After some recent clean up around the home I have about 12 standard black sacks full of non recyclable rubbish I need to dispose of.

I am trying to determine the best method (cost wise) of doing this. Any advice for this amount of rubbish?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

im under the impression that all rubbish contractors like oxegen etc actually have a social welfare option of 50euro per year but say nothing about it.. I could be totally wrong, i will be looking into it now myself..

as for your rubbish, bring them out to the binman and throw him 20euro.. its cheaper than anywhere else.
    That or fill the car and head down to o'connell street, in under the lady lane apartments are bins for the complex.. I used to live there and the bins would be overflowing all over the place. Im sure that a few more bins wont hurt them, especially if its a once off?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ignore the comment by Ort above, both very illegal (the first suggestion is fraud, and the second one is dumping).

I'd recommend the BigBin, there's one in the Top station in Ferrybank, and the other i think is at the Texaco on Military Road. €5 for 2 x 80L bags. Doesn't matter what's in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

Ignore the comment by Ort above, both very illegal (the first suggestion is fraud, and the second one is dumping).

I'd recommend the BigBin, there's one in the Top station in Ferrybank, and the other i think is at the Texaco on Military Road. €5 for 2 x 80L bags. Doesn't matter what's in them.

+1 for the Big Bin. We use it as our main waste disposal. You can fit about 6 - 8 medium size bags into those bins. If you bring large bags it's hard to fit in more than 2 as you lose a lot of space around the bags. The two I know of are in the Top station in Ferrybank and in the Supervalu car park. The one in Texaco that is mentioned above is not Big Bin but is essentially the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If its in black sacks its probably not all that heavy. Take it to the Greenstar recycling centre off the ORR. (You can dump mixed rubbish too)

They will weigh your car before and after. I got rid of a hatchback full of stuff (admittedly pretty light, but the whole back of the car was full) for €10. You will no doubt pay more than that but I reckon its the easiest and cheapest way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

do they take recycleable pacgaging for free? And where is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 EDB66

looksee wrote: »
    If its in black sacks its probably not all that heavy. Take it to the Greenstar recycling centre off the ORR. (You can dump mixed rubbish too)

They will weigh your car before and after. I got rid of a hatchback full of stuff (admittedly pretty light, but the whole back of the car was full) for €10. You will no doubt pay more than that but I reckon its the easiest and cheapest way to go.

Have to agree there, used them a few times and have always been presently surprised with their prices. Their rates for metal and untreated wood are less then for general rubbish.
    So if cost is a factor, make two trips or pile wood and metal to the back of the car as they allowed me get rid of those items first and weigh a second time for the rest of the load for a better price.
    Not sure on any free recyclables but City Council facility takes clean cardboard free.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its on the Six Cross Roads Business Park, there is a sign at the roundabout on the ORR. http://www.greenstar.ie/household-customers/bring-centre

I am one of their customers but they didn't ask me if I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

Yeah in hindsight i should have thought that over..
    Apoligies.

Advertisement