Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T Sexy

Options
  • 04-01-2013 2:51am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, Im sure most of you are already aware. What happened on the 3/01/13 has affected many, many people. People aren’t sure exactly how such a thing happened, like why would anyone in their right mind allow this happen? Rest assured good folk of C&H, as the good natured person I am, I will do my utmost to unravel this mystery.
    Now, as always, theres going to be some dimwits that didn’t get the memo as to the big news. There was people who didn’t know the Queen was coming to Ireland until she left, but frankly if you didn’t hear of this.....
    Yes, you did guess right. Thomas Ryan is no longer a member of the Waterford senior hurling panel. I’m very sorry to have to be the one to break this to those who didn’t already know, but isn’t it better to hear from the president of his fan club as opposed to some crappy newspaper who couldn’t even tell you his best friends names.
    Thomas Ryan played a huge role in the Waterford panel for numerous years, by playing matches, scoring points(and goals) for the craic, but also for diversifying the Waterford hurling fanbase. Before he came along, it was a predominantly male fan base, and an old one at that. Now this may still be the case, but I can guarantee many, many teenage girls have begun to follow the county team since his arrival, something to do with his charm and face.
    He was thought of by many as the sexiest hurler of all time. Which of course was true, but tbf I’d go further and say one of Europe's sexiest creations. It wouldnt be wrong to say he could well be responsible for the tourists and immigrants in Ireland, not so much of late(I know, I know the economy is pooey) but people came from a far to witness this hot person and we can thank him for any invisible exports.
    So let us all mourn the loss, of his presence on the team. It’s a hard time for us all (My eyes are still overflowing) but im sure together, we can get through this. Also, im hoping if we get enough support we can set up an organisation to help people, similar to what happened for when Take That broke up. And we can all go update his wikipedia page still. Even without being on the panel, this man is an out and out celebrity who deserves all the exposure he can get!

Thomas Ryan wasn’t just a hurler. Thomas Ryan changed lives. His baby face inspired hope in the hearts of his followers. Life did not appear to be so fruitless anymore when his face lit up the subs bench. He rejuvenated the Waterford senior hurling team during a difficult, trophyless time. And then he came along and suddenly, Waterford won a Munster championship. Coincidence? I think not. He may not have been credited on the match programme but he was still a noticeable presence, one that could be said to be the dominant factor in Waterford taking home the gold.. Who will forget his one championship goal against Galway (a game Waterford won by ten points)? If awards went for Hot Gaa Players (Never lose the faith, T-Rexy Sexy would sweep the board. He would win, in no particular order, the awards for ‘Nicest Face’, ‘Nicest Eyes’, ‘Best Music Taste While Looking Ravishing’, ‘Best Figure’, ‘Best Muscles’, ‘Best Legs’, ‘Best Hair’, ‘Best Facebook Persona’, ‘Most Interesting Yet Repetitive Hairstyle in a Girlfriend’’ and so on and so forth. What a guy.

His impact can be clearly seen amongst many posters on boards; which also includes one of his greatest achivements, earning a spot on the Hottest Gaa team of 2011 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73265206&postcount=27838
    And left this young lass smitten after, offering his services to her
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66541773&postcount=9580
    This young fan even had to change team, she was so impressed by T Rexys scoring abilty http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73464955&postcount=2591
    This intense impact even dangerously affected strong friendships, but hey thats to be expected. Hes a pretty awesome guy http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66706024&postcount=295

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.
    And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream.
    I have a dream that one day this proud hurling nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all hurlers are created equal (except Thomas Ryan who is high above what is seen as a normal hurler... he is a Messiah)”

I have a dream that one day even the county of Waterford sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of hurling oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice where Thomas will one day rightfully again be placed back on the senior panel.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the calibre of their hurl when making their club/county panel but by their actual skill and talent. This is where Thomas Ryan has been deceived.

I dream of a better world. A world that incorporates Thomas Ryan as a Waterford hurler. A world where I may clasp his hand on an All-Ireland final day in Croke Park and tell him just how much he means to me. *SOBS*

I have a dream today!

HALLELUJAH BROTHA’

Things You Didn’t Know About Thomas Ryan

In India, Thomas Ryan is revered as a deity, and praise is given to him every Thursday between 6pm and 8pm. Similar practises are observed in many areas in West Waterford, and North Mayo.

If Tommy Ryan was a boulder, he’d be the boulder from ‘Shrek’, because it was a nice boulder.

When I grow up, I want to be Tommy Ryan or a caterpillar.

Legend has it the first words actually uttered on the telephone were the first words on the telephone 'Thomas Ryan, come here, I want you'
    Which echos everybodies sentiments, for we all want Thomas Ryan.

Thomas Ryan’s breath smells like catfoodlittle bits of heaven.

Tommy Ryan saved my life. I hope someday, he’ll save yours too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

35bi1lh.jpg

C'mon now, Waterford selectors. What were ye thinking?

Jizzler for 'Best Arse' 2013 has already been won, quit your exercises now people!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Don't even know who he is but this is a travesty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

He will be missed very much so from the Panel.

I fear for the grass, the ball, the sticks, the goals, the net, the ball-boys, the referees, the nanny's making tea, the grandas cutting grass, the priest wishing the boys well, the wives and girlfriends who pretend to be interestes, but most of all, I fear for the children.

For they will not know of the greatness which was Tommy Ryan. They will not know...

IT IS UP TO US to let them know.

To keep the memory of this Deise legend alive.

We must do this, if we fail, humanity fails.

This is the last great obstacle before the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Devastated. The game of hurling will never be the same.

Thomas Ryan, the man, the myth, the legend.

RIP Waterford hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

To quote Hercule Poirot himself:
    ~ 'a true master has himself tacitly removed from the "game", only to return later, having removed his opponents outside the medium of this "game". Remember this, for one day, you will do this too - or you shall die.'

• Advertisement

In a hundred years time the AI Senior Hurling Final winners will be granted the Thomas Ryan Cup.

You mark my words, it will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

The Queen was in Ireland?!?

I heard Thomas Ryan does car commercials....in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

When I was young, I dreamed of being Tommy Ryan. Of course not many had heard of him at the time but you could predict a man of his stature was going to come, some call him the Messiah.

This slanderous act by Scully will have massive repercussions across the entire world.....civilizations will be brought to their knees as a result...it is worse than what Pontius Pilate did to Mr. Christ.

But Tommy Ryan will rise again, a man like that cannot be kept down...he will return (I would say better than ever, but how can you get any better than how he is at the moment?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I was hoping this was about Taylor swift :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Y'mean we're just gonna lie down and accept this? We're just gonna sit back and watch while one of the most inspirational person of our generation is cast aside like a common tissue?

I, for one, won't stand for it. I'm going to march straight to Barack Obama's office and give him a piece of my mind. Does he not realise that Thomas Ryan came on as a substitute in the Intercounty final against Cork in 2010? NOT ONLY THAT, he scored Waterford's first point in over 15 minutes. I think not.

We won't rest until this injustice is put right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Please deisegirl i beg of you to post that to the Waterford GAA thread!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

deisedude wrote: »
    Please deisegirl i beg of you to post that to the Waterford GAA thread!

I thought about it for a few mins and then realised how much Id be named and shamed.. A lot of them just dont understand his credentials :(
    But on the other hand it would be hilaro aero.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Wow deise_girl...

Just...

... wow.

:confused: women :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Just had a look at his Wikipedia page... I never realised how committed ye GAA fans are :L

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Just had a look at his Wikipedia page... I never realised how committedinsane ye GAA fans are :L

FYP...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Hand that up in your next English test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I'm confused :L Did I spell 'committed' wrong? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Just had a look at his Wikipedia page... I never realised how committed ye GAA fans are :L

I must say that the page is better than many a Premier League footballers'.

Who ever put so much effort and dedication into this page is truly a person to be reckoned with when it comes to English skills and wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I must say that the page is better than many a Premier League footballers'.

Who ever put so much effort and dedication into this page is truly a person to be reckoned with when it comes to English skills and wisdom.
    I wonder who would do such a thing. :pac:

Edit: Also Clem, really?

446819.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Thomas Ryan kicked over my sandcastles when I was 6.

It was the greatest day of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Everyone who has posted in here (C&H mods excluded, and possibly jefrey because he's deadly, clearly) is banned forever.

Just... what.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Everyone who has posted in here (C&H mods excluded, and possibly jefrey because he's deadly, clearly) is banned forever.

I would have stepped in sooner, but eh, I'm still reading the OP

Lawliet wrote: »
    I would have stepped in sooner, but eh, I'm still reading the OP

Reading it was your first mistake... :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Personally thought it was the best thread C&H has ever seen, but each to their own I guess.

deise_girl wrote: »
    Personally thought it was the best thread C&H has ever seen, but each to their own I guess.

I concur.

Have we already seen "Best Thread 2k13"? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I had a bizarre feeling something strange was happening here so I had to visit.
    I was right.....dafuq O_o

I think it's fairly clear that it was at least a little satirical? :p And meh, if you can get a bit of a chuckle out of it, what harm? Good going deise, you keep being you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

This thread is the definition of Teenage Girl Fandom!

• Advertisement

Slow Show wrote: »
    I think it's fairly clear that it was at least a little satirical? :p And meh, if you can get a bit of a chuckle out of it, what harm? Good going deise, you keep being you! :)

AH here, have I actually banned anyone...? :P

But, much like IO's thanks-whoring post-count threads, I would absolutely lock/delete if I see a completely irrelevant thread like this again! :pac:

Advertisement