Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Games meet?

• 04-01-2013 3:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

This been done before? A meet of the boards.ie gamers?

Throwing it out there...

I've been to a a boards meet before but never a Games one.

Mods would be buying the rounds obviously.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

A Boards games meet? Or a board games meet, ie. monopoly and ludo etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was in boards.ie motors meet and it was a great crack. Quite a bit of logistics to pull this off though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

lets all met in the gaming cafe on upper liffey st and play cod :D or snakes and ladders :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

saiint wrote: »
    lets all met in the gaming cafe on upper liffey st and play cod :D or snakes and ladders :L

We did a Starcraft meet like this in Dublin. 20+++ of us gathered up from boards.ie. had a mini tourney and all. Was great crack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I would be very interested in a tourney meet. Would be great to put faces to names and see what people are like in real life!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The Fighting Games people meet almost every week for a game. The Minecrafters were out for a night a week ago and it was a good laugh. I was at one of the StarCraft 2 meetups too, that was cool.

Best way to make it happen - pick a time and place (don't ask what suits, it'll take too long) and whoever can turn up can turn up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Would this be a boards Games beers meet or like has been mentioned a boards Games tourney/lan party style meet?

Does Games dwellers even have social lifes? Actaully scratch that... Off course we do. Sure isn't that the reason we have massive backlogs to get through :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i'd go if it was a byob or a pub meet in dublin, but if it's being done there should be loads of notice given. - like at least a month! steamsales & christmas have me knackered for cash atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'd come, depending on what games would be played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Free suggestion: whoever has a PS Move controller should bring theirs if someone has the JS Joust beta on their laptop.

Good times guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'd come, depending on what games would be played.

Drinking games I'm assuming. I don't think he's suggesting a LAN party :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I saw read it as board games meet, which could work too I guess :P Walking Dead board game anyone :D or cards against humanity.

Black Sheep is good for a few drinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Drinking games I'm assuming. I don't think he's suggesting a LAN party :P

I didn't think that at all.... ::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

But LAN parties are fun :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

But harder to organise, and also there is MidLans every year which caters for this, and there was a boards LAN back in November too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

The fighters have casuasls once or twice a week, and tournaments every other week. I believe the Arcade/Retro boys just had their xmas get-together a few weeks ago. Can't see any reason it wouldn't work here too :D

Advertisement