Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultrasound St. Vincent's

Options
  • 04-01-2013 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering how long the results of an US (public patient) take to be read by a radiologist and sent back to your GP?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Typically ultrasound results would be posted to your GP within 3-4 days of you having had the ultrasound. I don't understand what you mean about being a US public patient........?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

smccarrick wrote: »
    I don't understand what you mean about being a US public patient........?

Had ultra sound in the public system, not a private hospital or clinic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Zombrex wrote: »
    Had ultra sound in the public system, not a private hospital or clinic.

Doesn't make any difference- if anything the public system may be slightly faster at getting results out- they're really quite good. The big delay is getting the initial appointment- it can be very fast privately- whereas you could be waiting a year or even longer on the public system. I've had the same appointment in James Connolly put back 3 times already in the public system- a year in total- whereas I know I can walk in the door of St. Vincents Private and get the same test done within a week. If it was urgent- I probably would.

Advertisement