Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance with a pending claim

Options
  • 04-01-2013 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Can anyone help me I have an accident pending from start of 2012 as there are two insurances companies involved they are trying to settle/negotiate on a percentage each to pay out.
    My insurance has gone up from €450 to €2,000, I am absolutely shocked I cant believe it I have full licence 4 years and driving 5 years,even when I started out driving my insurance was only around €1,200.
    I cant afford to pay this insurance.
    Can anyone offer help of what to do?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

You are probably going to have to suck it up temporarily. What were the circumstances of the claim? How much is going to be paid out? You've obviously lost your no-claims bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Anerak

peteb2 wrote: »
    You are probably going to have to suck it up temporarily. What were the circumstances of the claim? How much is going to be paid out? You've obviously lost your no-claims bonus.

As I am aware its Back Injury but claimant has another claim in with a different insurance company also for personal injury.
    I don't know what is going to be paid out they wont tell me and yes I have lost my NCB

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

So it is the case that:

You had an accident for which you are responsible.

Claimant had/has another claim pending.

Your insurers and other insurers are trying to agree a settlement with claimant

If it is the case that you are responsible for an accident, then you lose your NCB and it will be probably impossible for you to get a quote/cover from another insurer for at least two years.

Advertisement