Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integated burglar and hard wired fire alarm system advice

Options
  • 04-01-2013 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello,

I would like an alarm system that is both a comprehensive burglar alarm system inside and out, and also a hard wired smoke and heat alarm system. I'm interested in a monitoring facility but would also like the freedom of a dialler too. CCTV seems a little excessive in my situation but if something could set up as a package with the alarm system I might be interested (PC based probably)

I would also like to have two (or more) wireless smoke detectors connected to this system to be located in the loft space under my thatched roof. And a heat alarm monitor in the kitchen.

I'd love to hear your advice on this kind of set up. I've contaced a few alarm system companies and will be organising a few site surveys to hear what they have to say and their costs.

Do you have any experience with such a set up? Any recommendations, good or bad? Please PM me if brand names/individual companies are a no-no.

Any advice much appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Siemens SPC range would handle all this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Merrion1968

Thanks KoolKid but I cant seem to access that link. I'll try again later perhaps its my computer.

I'll look into the SPC range but I had thought (or assumed) that a fire alarm was not included. From reading the posts in this forum the Siemens system comes very well regarded so that would be great news!

Thanks for your post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

The HKC would cover everything bar the CCTV. It uses 2 - way wireless devices which I think is a big must if your're using a lot of wireless devices :-)
    If the cctv is a MUST then the Siemens is the panel you need but you'll have to get compatible IP cameras. You could always get a separate cctv system

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The HKC would cover everything bar the CCTV.
    And the PC based.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Well it has IP .

• Advertisement

Well it has IP .

That is not presently available & you know it.
    Please do not post information you know to be incorrect. If you wish to post or look at comparisons between these panels use the sticky here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676093

The Siemens is looking very nice, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I still cant access that google doc link you posted KoolKid. Was it a spec?

Hi
    Those links work fine for me strange...:confused:
    They are PDF brochures , I have attached them here.

I took a look at the sticky post with the list of recommended security system providers. Do any of these companies supply the Siemens SPC kit? I'd like to have an installer do a site survey so we can discuss my options in full.

Thanks for the pdfs, I dont know whats wrong with my computer!!

All should be able to supply and fit this system. If they don't shop around and find someone more experienced.

• Advertisement

I read in a new post on this forum just now about a discussion had with an installer about the Siemens system relating to monitoring/self monitoring. I would also like to hear more details about this (but didnt want to sabotage his/her post). Is there a recommended self monitoring setup available, not necessarily going with a GSM dialler (a GSM dialler having jamming issues etc.)?

You can also monitor it over your landline.

Advertisement