Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going for IVF at HARI Clinic. What to Expect??

Options
  • 04-01-2013 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Myself and my wife have an appointment at the HARI clinic in a couple of weeks time. We've been waiting about 15-18 months for this appointment. We are hoping that we can commence IVF sometime this year but we were just wondering if anyone can inform us of what kind of timescales are involved. How soon after the initial consultation will they get 'the ball rolling' with tests, etc? If everything was to run as planned and all tests results were satisfactory how long could it before the IVF takes place?

If the IVF is unsuccessful how long must you wait before trying again?

We have a good idea regarding the costs of the IVF but can anyone inform if the costs are reduced the second and subsequent times that you try?

We've tried to stay away from the medical information on the web and would prefer to get advice/information from people who have actually been through the whole process.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I have not been to the HARI clinic, but in the cork fertility clinic they do a lot of tests and might start you with IUI first instead of IVF. Or you may need ICSI instead of IVF. It all depends on what your specific issues are.

Ask all your questions above at your first appointment, as they are really the best placed to answer. Write down the questions so you remember to cover them all, there will be a lot of information coming at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

I also haven't been to hari, I'm attending a different clinic. Have you already had investigations that indicate ivf is the best approach? If so then I'd imagine it will start very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

]I am also attending another clinic. We started our investigations in may and have known since October that IVF is our only option. I suppose I was lucky in a way as I have tubal issues so was pretty easy to diagnose I know a girl who has unexplained issues and they are still going through investigations.

IVF will cost about 4700 not including the test beforehand which can easy run up to over 1000. The medicine is also very expensive but with the drugs payment card will cost 145. There is no reduced price for subsequent tries, but the tests should be valid for 1 year so hopefully wont need to be repeated

It will be around 6 weeks from the start of IVF until the end. When you decide when you're ready, you will have an appointment with a nurse who will talk you through the medication and how to use it, then you are ready to start.
    The only test we hadn't come across was the HIV test, if yo

IVF really is a last resort, so the clinics do really investigate throughly but never tlve afraid to tell them you can't afford a course of action they are proposing as generally they can come with a solution.

Best of luck.[/Quote]

Advertisement