If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Smart 3D-LED TV should I buy ???

Options
  • 04-01-2013 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi John & Co,

Time has come for me to upgrade my TV.

When I started doing my research on this I was adamant on the Samsung 40" Series 7/8 ES7000 and ES8000 based on looks alone.

However, in the past few days, I've asked myself ..... do I really need all the features and spec the Series 7/8 have to offer. Do I need to spend £1000 on a Smart TV, when one at £700 would tick most the boxes for me. I'm not really interested in Voice and Motion activated controls, Face Recognition, etc but would require smarts apps for on-demand services like rte player, bbc i-player etc. So, with that in mind would I be better off with the ES6300 or ES6800/ES6900, and therefore just spend around £600-£700.

What about the rivals Sony, Philips, Panasonic, Toshiba, and LG. How do they compare against the Samsung models.

In your opinion, what is the best 3D Smart LED TV in terms of value and performance based on the following requirements:
    • Max Screen Size = 40"
    • Freesat HD (preferable)
    • Ability to playback most video formats eg: avi, mp4, mkv, ts, etc from external USB HDD device
    • PVR recording onto external HDD device
    • On-Demand Apps RTE/BBC/ITV iplayers
    • PC input (with the option to record from RTE/BBC iplayer, if thats possible)

I would be keen to deal with richersounds for the right TV.

Thanks in advance.
    /Declan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 davidwmrice

Hi Guys

I'm in the same boat as Declan. I would push to 42", having looked at the new LG TV's, but spec and price wise I'd be the same as Declan (no PC input wouldn't be a major issue either). Your advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.