Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm with home automation switch

Options
  • 04-01-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey guys, i have a HKC SW-812 alarm and i would like to integrate it with a z-wave home automation system.
    Is it possible to arm/disarm the alarm system at the panel using a simple relay? or could ye suggest any other ways of doing this?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Yep it's possible if you have a spare zone .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

MB1380 wrote: »
    Hey guys, i have a HKC SW-812 alarm and i would like to integrate it with a z-wave home automation system.
    Is it possible to arm/disarm the alarm system at the panel using a simple relay? or could ye suggest any other ways of doing this?
    Thanks in advance!
    Yes you need a spare zone as TB said. You will also need to have engineer access to programme this zone as Arm-Disarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MB1380

Thanks for the replys, i do not have a spare zone at the moment but i can remove one. I have the engineers manual but what way should i set up the zone so that an external relay arms and disarms the system? is it an Entry/Exit zone type?
    Also, i have tried the default engineer code and nothing happens, it just returns to the time and date screen. Does this mean it was changed by someone?
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Yes the company that installed it would have changed it . it should be "key"

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

what way should i set up the zone so that an external relay arms and disarms the system? is it an Entry/Exit zone type?
    Also, i have tried the default engineer code and nothing happens, it just returns to the time and date screen. Does this mean it was changed by someone?
    Thanks!

In inputs you programme the input type to key .
    Using an open close pair Open will arm the system & closed will dis arm it.
    Its can also be set as pulsed meaning when it briefly opens the system will arm & when it briefly opens again it will disarm.
    In most cases the installation company will have changed the engineer code.
    PM me who installed it and Ill see what I can find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭demon3

MB1380, did you get any further with this? What zwave relay where you planning to use?

demon3 wrote: »
    MB1380, did you get any further with this? What zwave relay where you planning to use?

No i havent got around to it yet, Was going to use one of these, they can do low voltage switching aswell as mains.

http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-fibaro

No i havent got around to it yet, Was going to use one of these, they can do low voltage switching aswell as mains.

http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-fibaro

Same here, it just arrived today and I have the panel open but I am no expert although I did install it originally along with SMS, but the SMS is slow sometimes and O2 keep tampering it by send promotion texts even through I unsubscribed. Integrating my alarm and home automation is a viable solution because then I can monitor it in real time and get alerts if it triggers.

My brother was a sparks and used to install HKC so maybe he can give me pointers. Will post up if I get it working.

demon3 wrote: »
    Same here, it just arrived today and I have the panel open but I am no expert although I did install it originally along with SMS, but the SMS is slow sometimes and O2 keep tampering it by send promotion texts even through I unsubscribed. Integrating my alarm and home automation is a viable solution because then I can monitor it in real time and get alerts if it triggers.

My brother was a sparks and used to install HKC so maybe he can give me pointers. Will post up if I get it working.

Do please. id be interested to see how it goes! Have you z-wave set up already apart from the alarm? how are you finding it?

Yes, running a couple of different solutions tied together with Indigo from Perceptive Automation. Using Lightware RF for some low priority sockets and all lights, I use Zwave for things like PIRs, Door Contacts (doubling up on the house alarm :( ), Temp Sensors, Electricity Usage, and heating. SecuritySpy for camera alerts from Indigo (Indigo can control the camera software) to record, email pics or video, and VitaminD for intelligent analysis of camera feeds (I have 10 IP cameras). VitaminD can identify people in a video stream then run rules include script commands based on if the camera identify people or objects. Examples I have are VitD recognises a person in my driveway it emails me a picture and tells Indigo via changing a variable that the is someone in the garden, Indigo then runs a script and I can then turn on the outside light if its dark. I use Growl for critical alerts to my Android phone (NMA app) so my phone rings loudy if someone is in my garden (while I am home great if someone calls to the door, when I am away great when someone is there who shouldn't be)

Its all a bit of overkill but its a hobby :) btw its all running on a mac mini I had.

• Advertisement
Advertisement