Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quit smoking methods in cork that worked

• 04-01-2013 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

Finally ready to Kick my bad habit. Tried numerous time to quit smoking and succeeded for a while then went back on them.

Just wondering anybody recommend a hypnosis or similar method in the cork area to help you quit smoking for good

Appreciate any recommendations

Thanks,
    Sophie

Comments

Well done on your decision, Sophie. It will be the best and most difficult thing you'll do in life - ever! I gave up 30 years ago. I tried hypnosis and patches, which were in their infancy back then. I eventually cracked it, by getting a cardboard calender, with the whole 12 months on one page. Every day I didn't smoke, I crossed the day off. When I weakened, I took out the calender and counted the days I'd suffered slowly and decided that I wasn't going to weaken now. I had a huge supply of fresh and dried fruit, which I nibbled constantly. I did put on 2 stone weight, but after 6 months had lost the most of it without trying. It is also important to have something to occupy your hands. I took up knitting. Even if it was just squares to be sewn together for blankets/throws for the local Old folks home, it did the job! I also gave up drinking for the first 6 months.
    I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but it just might help you. Good Luck!

• Site Banned Posts: 6 Pencig

Try electronic cigarettes. Some people quit smoking with them...

Advertisement