Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Club - South Dublin - Recommendations

Options
  • 04-01-2013 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was going to put this in GAA forum but because it's specific to South County Dublin, I figured this was more appropriate. Feel free to move.

Anyway, I have been living in the Sandyford Area for the last year or two. Still playing with my club at home - senior hurling and senior football. Considering making the big move this year but am a bit apprehensive.

Anyone have any recommendations/advice about what club to join. I understand in Dublin it's tough to play senior in both (training same time etc.) so I'd probably drop down a grade or two in Hurling if needs be as football would be priority.

Appreciate any advice.

Regards,
    Volvic12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I have no idea of your standard, or the standard thats offered by the clubs, but Kilmacud Crokes are in Stillorgan and Cuala are in Dalkey. They are the two clubs that come to my mind at least.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

If you're living in Sandyford, Kilmacud Crokes as Anyone said would be very close by and are the current Dublin Senior Hurling County Champions.

Check out http://www.kilmacudcrokes.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Saint Olafs play in Sandyford Industrial Estate. They are an Intermediate club at Football but I think Senior at Hurling. Crokes would be by far the largest club in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Saint Olafs play in Sandyford Industrial Estate. They are an Intermediate club at Football but I think Senior at Hurling. Crokes would be by far the largest club in the area.

Excellent gym in the grounds of St Olafs http://www.bhaf.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Ballyboden St Endas would be another option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Thanks for all the replies.
    I'll have a think about it over the weekend and perhaps make contact with a club in the coming week.

Thanks again,
    Volvic12

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭SuzieWong

Ballinteer St. Johns could be another option

Advertisement