Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Door Frame needs Replacing

• 04-01-2013 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭

Morning all
    not really a DIY query as I defintly wont be doing this myself but couldnt think of any where else to put this.

The outside wooden frame and saddle of my front door arent looking to good. At the bottom of the frame there was no paint left and the wood has started breaking apart. So I thought in the spring Id replace the frame and saddle .

problem is Ive no idea where or who I should contact about getting it replaced. Do I have to get it made or can I just buy a frame and have it fitted??

Anyone got any suggestions / recommendations

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

If it's just a single Door frame then you can buy a a Door frame set in any builders providers and a new saddle board. If it's the type of Front Door with glass panels beside then you will probably have to go to a Joinery shop.
    If your not ging to be doing it yourself then just get a Carpenter who will source what's needed and fit it all for you.
    It may be just as cheap to replace the whole Door and Frame as a unit. Just something else to consider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

cheers mate , exactly the sort of info i was looking for

Advertisement