Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colombia in April - wet season?

• 04-01-2013 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm travelling to South America soon (yay!) and was hoping to finish the trip with a few weeks in Colombia. This would be late March into early April. I know the LP is often full of crap but I did notice that it lists Colombia being in wet season around this time. Has anyone been there at that time of year? Any advice on how bad the weather could be? Would it still be possible to spend a bit of time up on the coast?
    Or should is it disastrously wet enough that I should scrap Colombia and spend more time in Peru or somewhere else?
    Thanks for any info. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 i have to return some video tapes

Hi,
    I am travelling to south America at the end of April for ten weeks . I'm flying into rio and then traveling down through Argentina into Bolivia then Peru. I was condsidering traveling as far up as Columbia also but not sure if I will have the time . Just wondering how long you are going for and what is your route ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I really can't comment on the weather as I was in Colombia in October. On the coast around Cartagena and Santa Marta it was ridiculous hot but in Bogota it was quite chilly in the evenings (about 10c) so there's variations in the climate. Maybe try on a site like Lonely Planet Thorn Tree for more answers.

Either way I would recommend travelling to Colombia, amazing country and so welcoming. Definitely on the list for a repeat trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭m*pp*t

Hi,
    I am travelling to south America at the end of April for ten weeks . I'm flying into rio and then traveling down through Argentina into Bolivia then Peru. I was condsidering traveling as far up as Columbia also but not sure if I will have the time . Just wondering how long you are going for and what is your route ??

I fly to Santiago in ten days (coming from NZ on the way home so probably a backwards route from your point of view) and then we plan to cross into Argentina, head south towards glacier country, fly back up to Buenos Aires. Em. And then the plan can be summarise as Bolivia, Peru and Colombia. I'm sure it'll all work out as we go! We need to be back in Ireland by 20th of April so probably fly the week before that which gives us 3 months. We'll be doing one internal flight in Argentina (down south back up to BA) and I'm guessing we'll probably fly from Peru into Colombia. (Weather permitting).
    In terms of time for you, I suppose it just depends on how much you like different places and want to stop there. Do you have to decide for your return flight? Someone who's been there might be able to give you a better idea of time. Argentina's a big place too - how much of it are you planning on seeing cos that'll be a big factor in your time decisions I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I live in bogota so if any questions feel free to ask. the wet season doesn´t really make a difference to be honest. i thought it wasn´t too cold or anything and that is coming from living in texas previously

Advertisement