Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hip Hop Gigs 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

**** no :(

Possibly my favourite artist at the moment. This is the worst news I could possibly have gotten today.

What's the capacity of the Twisted Pepper?

I think I'll have to schedule in a visit home for that weekend. This is a nightmare. It's all your fault Boom_Bap.

Im not sure the exact capacity but its very small.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Freddie Gibbs it is. Sorry Jimmy, I knew that one would probably hurt you the most.

Capacity of that room he is playing is a few hundred. I've only seen it packed at one of the Action Bronson gigs and the energy in the room is great.....actually, it was packed for Shabazz Palaces as well, but it was an odd gig and there was no atmosphere really in the crowd.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Freddie Gibbs it is. Sorry Jimmy, I knew that one would probably hurt you the most.

Capacity of that room he is playing is a few hundred. I've only seen it packed at one of the Action Bronson gigs and the energy in the room is great.....actually, it was packed for Shabazz Palaces as well, but it was an odd gig and there was no atmosphere really in the crowd.

The only artist that I'd have been more annoyed over missing out on is Chamillionaire. Please tell me that he won't be playing in Dublin while I'm away :pac:.

What are the chances of this selling out quickly? I might hold out on getting a ticket in the hope that he announces a gig in Liverpool, Manchester or Birmingham. They'd be much easier for me to get to, and cheaper as well.

I can't imagine he'd come all the way from America over to play one gig in a small club in Dublin. Surely, he will be looking at getting a few more gigs in?

Ye, i imagine its part of a European tour, i'd say you should be all right waiting for tickets, i doubt it will sell out, or sell out quickly, but to be honest im not sure of the popularity of freddie gibbs over here.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Nothing else announced on the Euro circuit so far, but keep your eye here:

http://www.freddiegibbs.com/shows/

That's weird, fair play to the promoters.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Nice one. Just booked my ticket.

Probably flying solo to this one, but I'm not missing Gibbs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Premo and Statik Selektah coming to Europe, no Irish date unfortunately.
    2/28 Plan B, Brixton London UK

3/1 Bazaar , Brussels Belgium

3/2 Sound Control , Manchester UK

3/3 Nottingham UK

3/5 02 ABC, Glasgow UK

3/6 OPEN Norwich Norfolk UK

3/7 Concorde 2, Brighton UK

3/8 Härterei Club, Zurich Switzerland

3/9 Galvanik, Zug Switzerland

3/10 Beat Bar, Leeds UK

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.22954/title.dj-premier-statik-selektah-announce-european-tour-dates

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Premo and Statik Selektah coming to Europe, no Irish date unfortunately.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.22954/title.dj-premier-statik-selektah-announce-european-tour-dates

Nice one. I'm actually going to be in Manchester that weekend. Might be able to make it to that.

Has anyone ever been to a gig like that? What would I be expecting?

Premo & Pete Rock done a bit of touring in a similar style, it was a battle type setup:

I would assume it would be similar to the Premo and Statik Selektah events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Really tempted to fly over for the London show. Though don't think I could afford it given my impending unemployment and the 6-8 weeks it takes for the government to give me my redundancy *sigh*

47058_493746830684203_124611056_n.jpg

Dumbfoundead is playing in Academy 2 on the 25th May with Watsky.

I am there.

Fizzology (Lil Fame and Termanology) are playing 18th March in The Village:

http://www.hiphop32.com/lil-fame-of-m-o-p-termanology-fizzyology-tour-2013/#.USx2CBICGdY.facebook

I think this is worth going to, but pricey enough.

• Advertisement

Bitter Rocc is having an album launch party in the Twisted Pepper on March 15th.

533198_10200200509749504_1719967281_n.jpg

Fizzology (Lil Fame and Termanology) are playing 18th March in The Village:

http://www.hiphop32.com/lil-fame-of-m-o-p-termanology-fizzyology-tour-2013/#.USx2CBICGdY.facebook

I think this is worth going to, but pricey enough.

Class! 35 quid but!

Been convinced to go to Eminem. Got my ticket today. Heres hoping for a good show!

Lil Wayne has cancelled and rescheduled for October.
    He wants to focus on his new album instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Hear that? That's the sound of unbroken voiced spotty 12 year olds crying, music to paddys ears.

Fùck a lil wayne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Chances of Mac Miller still coming? :pac:

****ing delighted I didn't buy a ticket to that. Knew something like this would happen. I saw the tracklist for I Am Not A Human Being 2 and it looks absolutely horrid. I know many on here never liked him, but up until his jail term I liked what he was doing, Tha Carter III and No Ceilings still get regular plays for me. But I can't stand him anymore, and almost everything he has done post prison has been really difficult to listen to.

Lil Wayne has to focus to make that muck?

The odd thing is that a album cover and track list are available, which to me would indicate the tracks are finalised.

Mac Miller wasn't on support, it was 2Chains, he will not be coming in October to the rescheduled gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Public Enemy are playing The Button Factory on Sunday April 21st, tickets €32 and go on sale tomorrow.

http://www.phantom.ie/publicenemyapril
    Hip-hop pioneers Public Enemy have announced their return to Dublin, with a date at The Button Factory on Sunday April 21st.

The Strong Island crew celebrated their 25th anniversary last year with their latest albums The Evil Empire Of Everything and Most Of My Heroes Still Don't Appear On No Stamp and this year will become only the fourth hip-hop act to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame.

Public Enemy last performed in Dublin when Chuck D, Flava Flav and co tore Tripod a new one on a warm May night in 2008 and their most recent appearance was a stellar show at Electric Picnic in 2011.

Tickets for their Button Factory gig will cost you €32.50 and go on sale tomorrow (Thursday March 7th).

YESS GREAT NEWS! One of the best if not best hip hop acts i've seen live, class!

What i should of said was YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Nice, I've always wanted to catch PE live.

Anyone going to Homeboy Sandman on Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

Nice, I've always wanted to catch PE live.

Anyone going to Homeboy Sandman on Saturday?

saw them in tripod in 2008, wasnt that great of a gig. once was enough for me.

I saw em at Electric Picnic and was quality, they ran a muck, their stage prescience was energetic and they actually looked like they wanted to be there.

Big Boi is going on tour. It is labelled as a World Tour. Unfortunately, he has yet to announce any dates outside of America so it's not quite a world tour :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I saw PE in The Village in around 2006 and was pretty disappointed, tbh. They were just going through the motions and Flava Flav spend most of the gig trying to get us to buy T-Shirts.

That terrible venue didn't help matters, either.

do you guys think the eminem gig will eventually sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

TheBza wrote: »
    Class! 35 quid but!

£17 for their London show :eek:

LUPE wrote: »
    £17 for their London show :eek:

Noway is it? That's not on!

Choice Cuts have announced that Ultramagnetic MCs are coming. no date or venue announced yet.

Choice Cuts have announced that Ultramagnetic MCs are coming. no date or venue announced yet.

Was just gonna post this, over the moon man, great news!!!!!!!!!

AWWWWWWWWWWWW i cant fcuking wait!!!!!!!!!

Probably not going at this stage. I'm heading to the Hot 8 Brass Band the night before, and probably the Bitter Roc gig on Friday, so I'll be all gigged out.....and it's a 'school' night and its an expensive admission.

• Advertisement

Probably not going at this stage. I'm heading to the Hot 8 Brass Band the night before, and probably the Bitter Roc gig on Friday, so I'll be all gigged out.....and it's a 'school' night and its an expensive admission.

say it could be a great gig though

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

Anyone see Lil' Fame and Termanology last night? If so, was there a big enough crowd at it? And what was the setlist like, was it mostly stuff off "Fizzyology"?

Frank Ocean is supporting The Killers in the Phoenix Park in July. It's expensive. €61 to go. Definitely wouldn't be worth it if you were only gong to see Frank.

Hopefully he might play another gig when he's over here.

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=6553228&ar=thekillers&cat=all

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Went to watch Nas at the London O2 on Tuesday night. Played with a live band, the best way to perform as a Hip-Hop artist within a large venue in my opinion.

Personal highlight:

Such a shame he didn't come to Ireland

Went to watch Nas at the London O2 on Tuesday night. Played with a live band, the best way to perform as a Hip-Hop artist within a large venue in my opinion.

Personal highlight:

Such a shame he didn't come to Ireland

was at that as well, great show! Think he played 42 or 43 songs

Jurassic 5 are reforming and doing shows in London, Birmingham and Glasgow in June. Could be worth a trip over!

• Advertisement

Koncept is working on a European tour. Would love to get to see him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Is there many heads here goin to eminem this august?

Koncept is working on a European tour. Would love to get to see him.
    He just finished one, well it was a few gigs in the UK and some in Austria i think

He just finished one, well it was a few gigs in the UK and some in Austria i think

I know. That confused me when I saw the post. That tour was called The Full Bottle tour and this one is called The Empty Bottle tour. Maybe he's heading to different places.

LUPE wrote: »

Look out for Masta Ace possibly coming to town in April/May. He says he trying to organise a UK tour for that time, could see him being booked for The Button Factory or the Village over here. Fingers crossed.

Just tweeted that his Manchester gig is cancelled so he may hit Dublin, hope someone books him!

• Advertisement
Advertisement