Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hip Hop Gigs 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PADYBU

kevovek wrote: »
    As boom bap said I doubt all the tickets are gone I'd keep your eyes peeled for tickets
    i hope to gawd there is, if not, im breaking in

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

Goin90 wrote: »
    In slight agreement with you as regards the size of the venue. If he dosen't sell out the O2, the atmosphere will be a bit flat, but similarly if he sells it out and half the people only know a song or 2 the atmosphere won't be as good then.

He had the Academy rocking last year!

Yeah, I loved them at the Academy! And it's a nice sized venue and I was right next to the stage... The O2's so big so it's going to be very different, hopefully it's still good though! Although I doubt it'll be crazy as The Academy gig..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just for the record I never said I wanted it in the o2, just that it's good for them that they are selling out (it will sell out) that type of venue now on the back of hard work.

There WILL be loads of "OMG Thrift Shop guy!" fans going, but you just have to get to the front, shout every lyric, and let them know that their real fans are sticking around.

By the way, I've only been into Macklemore for the past 18 months or so, I'm by no means a day one fan, I'm just speaking generally here about how hip-hop consistently sees this problem with artists going mainstream and losing what got them their in the first place, this is something that has not happened with these lads.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

PADYBU wrote: »
    I NEEEEEEED ASAP ROCKY TICKETS :( !!!, i was supposed to go instead of my debs and now i cant even goto the debs because of the deadline, im dyin here. a load of people who got tickets dont know **** about em.

Anyone selling tickets? plus ones?
    PADYBU wrote: »
    i hope to gawd there is, if not, im breaking in

Add Rap Ireland to your friends list in FaceBook, they should be getting more tickets. Apparently there was another competition yesterday on the Heino page for more tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭BadCompany

Confirmed earlier this afternoon, Immortal Technique playing the Pavillion in Cork on Friday June 7th

http://www.pavilioncork.com/venue/event-details/immortal_technique/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

BadCompany wrote: »
    Confirmed earlier this afternoon, Immortal Technique playing the Pavillion in Cork on Friday June 7th

http://www.pavilioncork.com/venue/event-details/immortal_technique/

He's doing a screening of his documentary followed by a Q&A in Dublin as well so I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 chikatita

do ye think he'l sell out? (macklemore) I Probably wont have the cash for friday ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Danny brown is coming to dublin, june 16th the sugar club. Not his biggest fan, but think hes a gas bloke. Love this one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

Danny Brown in the Sugar Club €20 http://nialler9.com/danny-brown-is-coming-to-dublin/ Tickets ON Sale Tomorrow Morning

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gramsey

• Advertisement

How does The Sugar Club work for a Hip-Hop gig?! I was only there once before (To see Jessie Ware) and it was all seated then (Well except for the people who couldn't get seats, they just had to stay by the bar area), and I was under the impression that those seats and tables were permanent fixtures, no?

TweetMe!?! wrote: »
    How does The Sugar Club work for a Hip-Hop gig?! I was only there once before (To see Jessie Ware) and it was all seated then (Well except for the people who couldn't get seats, they just had to stay by the bar area), and I was under the impression that those seats and tables were permanent fixtures, no?

Always thought it was seated myself, i dont know how old this pic is though, looks removable.

http://www.d1167764.cp.blacknight.com/clubinireland/cp/imageup/images/sugar_club_crowd_medium-1318885528.jpg

Yeah, the seats might be removable so. Or maybe everyone just stands up anyway, even if they have seats...

I've never seen the seats removed from the Sugar Club. Excited about Danny Brown though. And the following might happen.....it's not the first time either

945776_373197309456472_1605964514_n.jpg

Hes a class act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Oh to be a famous rapper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    He's doing a screening of his documentary followed by a Q&A in Dublin as well so I hear.
    Immortal Tech is playing in Dublin at the sugar club

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Immortal-Technique-tickets/artist/964035

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I've never seen the seats removed from the Sugar Club. Excited about Danny Brown though. And the following might happen.....it's not the first time either

945776_373197309456472_1605964514_n.jpg

:eek:

How has that become a "thing" that happens at Danny Brown gigs?

macklemore sold out in 6mins , f......................k

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Afollower

Any chance of a second Irish date, I wonder......

• Advertisement

Afollower wrote: »
    Any chance of a second Irish date, I wonder......

its seems like a lot of people just bought tickets because they where cheap €36 these people seem to have no intention of going because there is loads fo them for sale on Gumtree at €99 per ticket
    c......t's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

F*ck my actual life. Immortal technique comes to ireland. What date, you ask? 8th of June ? :( Leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

baddebt wrote: »
    Immortal Tech is playing in Dublin at the sugar club

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Immortal-Technique-tickets/artist/964035

Seems to be someone booking a lot of hip-hop in there. Not made it to any of them yet, but it's great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

Seems to be someone booking a lot of hip-hop in there. Not made it to any of them yet, but it's great to see.

Choice cuts are running the show in the sugar club these days

Prodigious wrote: »
    F*ck my actual life. Immortal technique comes to ireland. What date, you ask? 8th of June ? :( Leaving cert.

will miss him myself unfortunately , but baby No.1 is due that week.

I'm sure he will be back , seemed to enjoy his time in ireland a couple of months back

will miss him myself unfortunately , but baby No.1 is due that week.

I'm sure he will be back , seemed to enjoy his time in ireland a couple of months back

A couple of months back?? What?

EDIT: Looked it up

Jesus. Cannot believe I missed that. Tragic stuff. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread from now.

Good luck with the kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Going to see Mobb Deep in Paris in June, I'm buzzin!

I'm not one bit Jealous Lupe :mad:
    you Jammy ..... .....

Enjoy

I'm not one bit Jealous Lupe :mad:
    you Jammy ..... .....

Enjoy

Cheers, I'll try ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I was tempted by their Amsterdam show, but the dates really don't suit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

second Danny Brown show added for the Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 16 KH888

What's the craic with getting tickets for Danny Brown? Is it sold out? Can't see it on ticketmaster. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gramsey

KH888 wrote: »
    What's the craic with getting tickets for Danny Brown? Is it sold out? Can't see it on ticketmaster. Thanks!

http://www.tickets.ie/event.aspx/danny-brown-rap-show-the-sugar-club-17-June-2013/WTBJK

• Registered Users Posts: 16 KH888

• Advertisement

Anyone here ever go to Splash! festival in Ferropolis, Germany?

TheBza wrote: »
    Anyone here ever go to Splash! festival in Ferropolis, Germany?

Close to going a couple of times, but never quite got there. lineups are always ridiculous.
    Luckily I have German TV in my place, and they always show full sets of some people over the weekend.

Close to going a couple of times, but never quite got there. lineups are always ridiculous.
    Luckily I have German TV in my place, and they always show full sets of some people over the weekend.

Nice, thinking of going to it this year, the line up is sick, was just seeing what the story is with it, like getting there and that.

TheBza wrote: »
    Nice, thinking of going to it this year, the line up is sick, was just seeing what the story is with it, like getting there and that.

It's about an hour outside of Berlin. Not sure if the S-Bahn goes there, but there are buses organised from Freidrichstrasse or from the Zoo train station. Getting anywhere in Germany is normally handy.

That sounds grand, cheers Boom Bap, gonna check outs some flights!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Immortal Technique is having a dvd screening and Q&A in Belfast the night after Dublin. No word on a show. Already have a signed dvd so may sit this one out unless he does a show too.

Eminems support for Slane is announced:

August 17, Slane Castle, Ireland
    Plan B
    Earlwolf
    Yelawolf
    Slaughterhouse

He is playing 2 other dates around that time in Europe....and Kendrick Lamar is the support.

August 20, Bellahouston Park, Glasgow Summer Session
    Kendrick Lamar
    Earlwolf
    Yelawolf

August 22, Stade de France, France
    Kendrick Lamar
    Earlwolf
    Slaughterhouse

Who the fu*k is Earlwolf? Had a feeling Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse would be there. Excited to see Slaughterhouse.

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Who the fu*k is Earlwolf?

Earl and Tyler from Odd Future.

Oh. I'll be at the bar then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Eminems support for Slane is announced:

August 17, Slane Castle, Ireland
    Plan B
    Earlwolf
    Yelawolf
    Slaughterhouse

He is playing 2 other dates around that time in Europe....and Kendrick Lamar is the support.

August 20, Bellahouston Park, Glasgow Summer Session
    Kendrick Lamar
    Earlwolf
    Yelawolf

August 22, Stade de France, France
    Kendrick Lamar
    Earlwolf
    Slaughterhouse

Secretly delighted Kendrick isn't supporting the Irish show. /selfish bastard

I'd be interested in seeing Slaughterhouse if they played a separate show while they were over. Fan of Royce and Budden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

https://twitter.com/ImmortalTech/status/337259409656905728/photo/1

Immortal has a Belfast date now, June 9th. 3 dates in Ireland. I havn't been there before, but I've heard several times before that Black Box is a very intimate venue, would lend itself to a screening after a show quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Won the VIP tickets for Techs Dublin date off him on Twitter, delighted!

Feck it, I'm going to Technique, asked one of the lads, and if he's going I'm there. Will they be strict on ID?

• Advertisement
Advertisement