Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hip Hop Gigs 2013

1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If your about Dublin this evening, Bitter Rocc is having a FREE release party for his latest EP in 4 Dame Lane from 7 - 10.
    There's also a photography exibition as party of the event.

It's not a live performance, but a chance to listen to the new shiz.

Anyone else go to this? I managed to only drop in early for about half an hour. Setup was nice, a photographer was sent an early cut of the album and took pictures based on how he interpretted it. So along the walls, there was a set of pictures for each track. I didnt manage to hear the album, but i think that they palyed track by track and went through each set of snaps with the track playing.

I also got a chance to have a natter to Bitter Rocc for a while, seriously nice guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

Dead prez in the sugar club, 12th feb. deffo going to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

Anyone know if there is a support act for J Cole tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

anyone seen dead prez b4? have they been in dublin b4?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Anyone know if there is a support act for J Cole tonight?

Nope, but there are a few more tickets just after been released by ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Nope, but there are a few more tickets just after been released by ticketmaster.

No as in there is no support act or no as in you don't know?

Sorry, no as in I dont know.
    Wale was support on the US leg, but doesnt appear to be billed on the EU leg.

Sorry, no as in I dont know.
    Wale was support on the US leg, but doesnt appear to be billed on the EU leg.

Okay thanks. What would you say the chances are of it being anyone half decent?

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Okay thanks. What would you say the chances are of it being anyone half decent?

I'm not a massive J.Cole fan, but those who are have nothing but praise for his live show. I think there was a poster here who made a couple of trips to the UK when he was last over and said the gigs were ace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Was at J Cole last night, good show. Had an impressive band with him which along with the lights and background graphics added a lot to the show.

A criticism would be that the guitar was slightly too loud imo, was hard to hear him rapping at times because of it.

Wished he played a few more tracks from FNL and Warm Up instead of all the talking which took the energy out of the room I felt.

First time to see him, been listening to him for 4 or 5 years now at this rate and have been telling everyone he would be as big as Drake etc but I'm not so sure anymore.

Think the older tracks were better received by the crowd than the new stuff but maybe that is just me.

Decent crowd, one small scuffle at the end aside. Strange to feel like one of the older people there but that is a good thing for Cole I suppose. Not a dig at the poster above but I can't get my head around people recording every song. Guy beside me at the back spent the whole time watching it through a small screen.
    66Q3Dqdl.png

You know people dont watch it through the screen of their phone right? They just hold up the phone to record and point it in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

SeaDaily wrote: »
    You know people dont watch it through the screen of their phone right? They just hold up the phone to record and point it in the right direction.

Not really, people around me repeatedly looking at the screen to ensure they were recording Cole throughout the whole song.

Each to their own, personally I would just rather enjoy the gig in full than worrying about what I was recording.

ustari wrote: »
    Not really, people around me repeatedly looking at the screen to ensure they were recording Cole throughout the whole song.

Each to their own, personally I would just rather enjoy the gig in full than worrying about what I was recording.

It is nice to have someone record it though so you can watch it on youtube the day after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

I saw J. Cole supporting Drake in London a few years ago (before he released an album) but I wasn't sure what to expect from him last night. I didn't look at any set lists from his previous shows as I prefer to be surprised on the night and don't particularly like knowing what song is coming up next.

He only did a few songs from 'The Warm Up' and 'Friday Night Lights', as expected. He was very energetic and lively on stage, far more than I expected him to be. At the end of the night he came down from the stage and shook hands with as many fans as he could. He didn't disappoint.

As for the comments regarding the fans that record every song (I'd say I recorded half of them at most); I've done it at most of the shows I've gone to over the last couple of years and it's almost second nature to me at this stage. I was at the very front of the crowd and believe me when I say I wasn't watching the show through the screen on my iPhone (my footage would have been considerably better if I was). Having my phone in my hand doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the show in the least and it's easy to capture whoever happens to be on stage when they're three feet away from you.

• Advertisement

AG918 wrote: »
    I saw J. Cole supporting Drake in London a few years ago (before he released an album) but I wasn't sure what to expect from him last night. I didn't look at any set lists from his previous shows as I prefer to be surprised on the night and don't particularly like knowing what song is coming up next.

He only did a few songs from 'The Warm Up' and 'Friday Night Lights', as expected. He was very energetic and lively on stage, far more than I expected him to be. At the end of the night he came down from the stage and shook hands with as many fans as he could. He didn't disappoint.

I'd agree with you 100%. I went home absolutely beaming. There were no let-downs whatsoever, it was just a great gig.

Advertisement