Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Point of sale

Options
  • 04-01-2013 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I've often thought of starting a business but I am unsure of one vital element.

If I have a product or service and a customer wants to pay.How do I take the payment? Do I need to have a Point of Sale system (i.e. credit card facility)?
    Is there an alternative way such as sending an invoice so they cantransfer the funds to my bank account? If so then a VAT number is needed right?
    As I am employee as well and have a PAYE payments under my PPSnumber, can I also have a VAT number to issue to my customers?
    How does one apply for a VAT number (presuming the VATnumber and PPS number are different)?

Any input would be helpful.

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

PPS is your Vat no ..

You can get a vat no when you apply for one.. more info here.

Cro.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

PPS is your Vat no ..

You have to apply for your VAT number first and then they'll give you your PPS as a VAT number if your sole trader IIRC

Advertisement