Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jabbed in the bum with a cattle needle!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

I heard that the guy that done it was a real prick!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Maybe she was a Hefer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Anyone else failing to see the funny side of a Garda being stabbed with a needle while she's on duty ... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,948 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Anyone else failing to see the funny side of a Garda being stabbed with a needle while she's on duty ... :confused:

She wasnt on duty, She was a random person out for a drink with friends which makes it more shocking tbh. The lad seemed to have just stuck it into any woman he saw at the bar and she was the unlucky one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Apologies..... Pretty sick affair to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

What the hell makes someone bring a cattle needle out with them? he had to have been planning on doing it that day. It must be so hard for the woman to have to wait 6 months before she can get the all clear. That come have been any of us or our family or friends.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Sertus

Redneck scum

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭nutts_77

Scum, scum, scum !! Hope she's ok in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

And as a guard, she'll probably be on desk duty for those 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

On duty or not i fail to see anything funny about somone being intentionally stabbed buy a needle.

16 gauge supposedly ..... ouch... more like an offensive weapon!!!

If as reported needle was for cattle use HIV would not be my concern as for other infections? HIV test is a standard precaution. As somone who has had an accidental needle-stick injury in my workplace it is an awful experience until the all clear no matter how small risks of infection are

24820069.jpg

Or Bovine type without scale reference, nasty b@stard:mad:
    VNeedleSO.jpg

VNeedleSO.jpg&w=432&h=187&ei=BG_oUKG5FtSyhAflj4DoBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=630&vpy=299&dur=425&hovh=148&hovw=341&tx=142&ty=94&sig=101076147073346540050&page=1&tbnh=123&tbnw=274&start=0&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0,i:118

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

john47832 wrote: »
    Maybe she was a Hefer?

:rolleyes: Classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

juan.kerr wrote: »

:rolleyes: Classy.

Dont hate the player, hate the game

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

What the christ was his motive for doing this.. this is crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Gaw_ wrote: »
    What the christ was his motive for doing this.. this is crazy!

A dare perhaps? Or else insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That farmer deserves jail but I can see the excuses already "my client comes from a very decent family and was drunk at the time, he has 1,000 euro in court as compensation judge". And off he trots with a smirk on his face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i am not for one minute standing up for this stupid guy but as a farmer i know not of any cattle needle that is 1cm in diameter.... wtf was he at?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Sertus wrote: »
    Redneck scum

C'mon now! don't be lumping rednecks in with that dickhead! I hope he gets a suspended sentence at the very least!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Apparently it was all just a bit if craic and he saw no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

MugMugs wrote: »
    Apparently it was all just a bit if craic and he saw no harm.

Well he would say that, it's sounds better than 'I'm an obnoxious cnut who doesn't respect other people's feelings'

whelan1 wrote: »
    i am not for one minute standing up for this stupid guy but as a farmer i know not of any cattle needle that is 1cm in diameter.... wtf was he at?

Where did the 1cm come from whelan? 16gauge I read which is about 1.5mm in diameter and still ouch. For comparisons sakes 22gauge most often used when doctor/nurse draws blood from someone and that is about 0.6mm in diameter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Where did the 1cm come from whelan? 16gauge I read which is about 1.5mm in diameter and still ouch. For comparisons sakes 22gauge most often used when doctor/nurse draws blood from someone and that is about 0.6mm in diameter.
    thats what was in the report in the irish independent.... anyways the diameter of the needle doesnt take away from the stupidty of the guy in this case

whelan1 wrote: »
    anyways the diameter of the needle doesnt take away from the stupidty of the guy in this case

Agreed!

Read a different article than the Indo though i assume that it should say 1mm. It was an Elaine Keogh written piece - high on accuracy and low on sensationalism *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Poor woman, hope she is fine.

Hopefully karma will catch up with him!

Sounds like he was probably doing it to a load of people randomly for the craic.

Glad he got nailed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

crazy stuff altogether and the size of those needles really brings it home...
    If this guy is not mentally challenged and just did this for a bit of craic, then he deserves a few slaps... preferably in the local Garda station!

Bet ye nearly said 'drives it home' Kormak and then changed it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

kormak wrote: »
    crazy stuff altogether and the size of those needles really brings it home...
    If this guy is not mentally challenged and just did this for a bit of craic, then he deserves a few slaps... preferably in the local Garda station!

No! but I hesitated when writing "did this for a bit of crack craic..." :)
    all joking aside, this is pretty weird ****! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Getting stuck with a needle is one of my greatest fears. You never know wtf was in a needle and can lead to horrible effects.

If this dumb twat only gets jail he will be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

He was probably doing it as a joke for his mates and the needle joke went too far. A dangerous joke too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

i would stick it that far up his ass he would think very hard about ever trying a stunt like that again.

Advertisement