Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leathers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well by the look of them you would prolly know, on your 3rd set now I bet.

They would be perfect if it was the backside cut out instead of the front.....ya fooker! :D

Just wear a pair of speedos underneath, perfect for the summer weather :pac:

Yeah budgie smugglers are ideal for aerodynamics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I'm pleased with my rst leathers. They are a good 8 years old now and still perfect.
    I've taken to wearing the jacket as a casual one now that I'm not on the motorcycle as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

how loaded are you if €660 isn't mad money :eek:

you can get 1 or 2 piece suits on fcmoto from around 400.

example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Have a pair of RST trousers this years, they are great IMO, have heard some complaints about quality online etc but none from me.

HG are generally high quality gear, I love their gloves, I haven't bought a suit off them yet but maybe down the line.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

how loaded are you if €660 isn't mad money :eek:

you can get 1 or 2 piece suits on fcmoto from around 400.

example

I aint loaded at all ya mad thing. I taught a set of alpines or dainese would be about €800 or so. As I said I never looked as its my 1st set....

The link you have there is perfect and would do me grand for that money, I did not think you could get the bigger brand names for that money. I would deffo have to try it on for size before ordering so I will have to have a look around and size up 1st with the gear on.

bladespin wrote: »
    Have a pair of RST trousers this years, they are great IMO, have heard some complaints about quality online etc but none from me.

HG are generally high quality gear, I love their gloves, I haven't bought a suit off them yet but maybe down the line.

I do like the HG stuff myself TBH, I think they are one of the best brands around and for the money is great stuff. I have a pair of the xtra fit winter gloves and find them great.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I do like the HG stuff myself TBH, I think they are one of the best brands around and for the money is great stuff. I have a pair of the xtra fit winter gloves and find them great.
    HG stuff is amazing quality. Never bought leathers, but on my second jacket, both were quality. Also have trousers from them.
    I'd take a trip up and try some stuff on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

I wish somebody told me before I bought two jackets thinking I was getting smaller....that leathers stretch an unbelievable amount....buy a size smaller and stretch em into fit you! Bought my richa in august and since the start of december both the velcro bits at the side are fully tightened...sickened!

I wish somebody told me before I bought two jackets thinking I was getting smaller....that leathers stretch an unbelievable amount....buy a size smaller and stretch em into fit you! Bought my richa in august and since the start of december both the velcro bits at the side are fully tightened...sickened!

This is prolly a stupid question but are all bike leathers like this? That would be a disaster if they went mad baggy after a few months. I know all leather strecthes but jeez how much did yours go. But there is no way on earth I can get a size smaller as I have the knox armour front and back so I need to accomodate that. And if I cant then I will not get a set END OFF! ;)

Cienciano wrote: »
    HG stuff is amazing quality. Never bought leathers, but on my second jacket, both were quality. Also have trousers from them.
    I'd take a trip up and try some stuff on.

The Belfast shop is a disaster area at the minute (well it was before Xmas) when I was up there. Very little stock after being re-opened....might give them a bell and see how the stock is now for sizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

Not sure if its all leathers but my targa were 46....now i did lose weight in those but it got so bad that the wind was catching the shoulder armour and acting like a sail!

Ive maintained my weight since getting my 44 richa...a perfect fit when i bought them in august...can now fit a sheepskin flannel shirt under them with room to spare...fairly gutted about that!!

I dont know if its something im doing or not tho...I never treated them with leather care stuff or anything...dunno if this is the cause?

Dunno if I can unstretch them either.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

RST leathers are actually quite good in fairness. I have a pair of Pro-Biker leathers, got them from louis.de and they're top class. Can't remember how much I paid for them though.

RST leathers are actually quite good in fairness. I have a pair of Pro-Biker leathers, got them from louis.de and they're top class. Can't remember how much I paid for them though.

I would be more then happy with the RST leathers...but if I can get the Alpinestars GP series set for the same money its a no brainer. Might be gone again I get my finger out....;)

I would be more then happy with the RST leathers...but if I can get the Alpinestars GP series set for the same money its a no brainer. Might be gone again I get my finger out....;)

Aye, wouldn't mind a pair of them meself! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

i got a pair of lewis leathers off ebay, 6mths old cost me £40:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wow that's cheap! I need new gear and I was just going to get textiles but I would love leathers too for weekends or so I can do a trackday. Might get a set of these. Would like to see them though or see what anyone else who bought them thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Also want to try pick up a set of these for the summer

There were days last year that the heat was unbearable in the heavy textile gear

Fc-moto have really good deals but i would really have to try them on before i would purchase:rolleyes:

I am heading up to MEGABIKES tomorrow to size myself for the Alpinestars suits, then I am gonna get them off FC Moto. Cant beat that price of €499 for them leathers...they also have a lovely set of Alpinestars with the Monster logo.......yomyomyom.

I will also go into Bikeworld to size myself for RST and even see what they have Dainese wise.......

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

I am heading up to MEGABIKES tomorrow to size myself for the Alpinestars suits, then I am gonna get them off FC Moto. Cant beat that price of €499 for them leathers...they also have a lovely set of Alpinestars with the Monster logo.......yomyomyom.

I will also go into Bikeworld to size myself for RST and even see what they have Dainese wise.......

That would match your lid very nice

You is mad in to the Monster livery;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have never even worn a set of leathers. Are most of the sizes fairly similar between brands? Would it be worth trying on a different set first before I buy the ones linked above?

Are there any major drawbacks to the probiker ones that I should know about?

I have never owned leathers either....but I bet the fit differs greatly from brand to brand. If I am an XL in Alpinestars I would not order a XL in RST unless I was fitted for it.

Deffo a no no ordering without trying them on IMHO.

I would say that the PROBIKER leathers are just made differently and skimps on some things like all entry level gear. Seams are prolly only double stitched instead of triple or even single stitched etc etc.

Zascar wrote: »
    I have never even worn a set of leathers. Are most of the sizes fairly similar between brands? Would it be worth trying on a different set first before I buy the ones linked above?

Are there any major drawbacks to the probiker ones that I should know about?

I've had a Probiker 2-piece for the last 7 years. Never had a problem. I use them commuting and for track days. Had a couple of small spills and a big one recently, and they're still good. Definitely great value for money. The only down side is no pockets, although they might have changed that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Nice price!! I'd love to try a track day and this is whats holding me back. Price of these suits are pretty steep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Do leathers tend to stretch at all?

Might need to consider this when trying them on Wonda. If they stretch over time you would be better going for a cosier fit.

• Advertisement

They are supposed to be very tight. I always laugh when I see someone in big baggy leathers, looks like a boy wearing his dads clothes.. They will stretch a big in time I'm sure..

Advertisement