Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leathers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Great day out really enjoyed the spin and now I know what size leathers to get! Got home at 6:30. Breakfast was yummy too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Great day out really enjoyed the spin and now I know what size leathers to get! Got home at 6:30. Breakfast was yummy too!

One day i will get to head out on a spin again. Hopefully soon.
    Ive used my bike maybe twice in the last 2 months :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »

A few of us off here were set to go to HG in Belfast but Zascar had a problem with the bike at the last minute unfortunately. Another person who shall remain nameless backed out coz he taught he was gonna get bombed out of it shopping in Belfast with all the trouble. ( He was not too far wrong there was a bomb scare in the petrol station around the corner all morning LMAFO)

We went to HG in Belfast and then Crossans on the return leg. Got me a pair of HELD Air and Dry gloves and a new box of Vulcanet wipes. They have some excellant bargains in the textiles and boots especially if starting out in HG and some really good bargain in Crossans on TCX boots.

Great spin good pace and nice roads (back roads from Belfast to Newry) and some good laughs especially in the garage on the way home :rolleyes:

Link to gloves:
    http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLCc-s4xgeM

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Pity I missed it but deffo want to head up in the next few weeks. Which shop is better for what?

It really does depend on what you are after...the stock levels for the leathers are not great in HG but they have some good bargains on individual items. Crossans has a mental selection of helmets, boots and gloves and parts etc.

So best thing to do is leave early and do both as they are only 45 mins apart TBH....but Crossans can be a bitch to find the 1st time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I think I'm just going to get a decent set of textiles for now and maybe get leathers later. Bikeworld selection is rubbish I found one jacket to fit me. Didn't like any of the stuff in Cotters either. A mate has the RST Slice and I think thats the one for me but I want to try it all on before buying, hopefully one of these two shops will have them. Will prob get boots and its about time I get a new lid too. Credit card is not going to like this one!!

Well if it was me I would get a Shark Vison R lid and a pair of TCX goretex boots. Or a set of HG textiles with the 30% off at the moment, in fact you would get a set of HG textiles and a spare set of HG leather bottoms for a great price.

Yeah I like the Shark helmets, was looking at the s900 and a few others but need to figure out which one has what features and see whats best

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well if it was me I would get a Shark Vison R lid

Wow that's got pretty much everything you'd want - deffo looks like a great helmet

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Was great to get out for the day on the bike with a fee heads again. @ zascar I have the vision. R a few months now. Wear it every day and is spot on so far.

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »

Wow that's got pretty much everything you'd want - deffo looks like a great helmet

They are a great helmet and you can get some great colour schemes too. I dont have a shark I got the HJC RPH-10 Ben Spies monster livery replica in a sale when I went looking for a shark as back up helmet to my Arai. But I would love a vison r all the same.

You get sorted at all with Leathers or Textiles yet Zascar?

You get sorted at all with Leathers or Textiles yet Zascar?
    Not yet mate, going to bide my time for the moment, I want to try some stuff on before I jump in. Fairly sure the rst slice textiles is what I need, ill head up north to try on and make sure and buy then. Will also get boots.

I'll see what happens money wise in the next couple of months and maybe get leathers also. Those probiker ones are so cheap it would be silly not to get them, the concern is the fit. My mate has rst slice leathers, they are really nice but twice the price of the probiker ones. It is however something you'll have for many years so might be worth the investment.

Has anyone else made any decisions on new gear?
    investment

I paid for my RST Slice leathers last week and I am collecting them this Friday if they arrive in, I had on a pair of Dainese for €840 but I just could not justify the price especially when the RST Slice fitted so well.

FYI, Bikeworld are cheaper for the RST gear then Hein Gericke as they have the 5/10/15% discount depending on items you buy. If you get a set of leathers (2 items) you will get the 10% off. I got the RST Thermal vest aswell so I got 15% off the lot.

When the few of us where in HG Belfast the RST stuff was about 20% dearer....but they did have in stock the RST Pro Series leathers. Not unlike the RST Slice but with the little speed hump on the back that looks a little small. But the leather is a lovely quality. Have a google at them m8. ;)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t4i50sWapE

Cool thanks ill email bike world and see what they can do. Is the 10/15% off only on leathers or textiles too?

Zascar wrote: »
    Cool thanks ill email bike world and see what they can do. Is the 10/15% off only on leathers or textiles too?

The discount scheme is off any item in the complete RST range. I have to say the thermal polo neck top is top class and very warm. I got it for under the leathers to take the edge off.

http://http://www.rst-moto.com/rst-thermal-wind-barrier-long-sleeve

I got a reply and they want a 50% deposit from me before ordering them in. They don't stock small sizes as they don't sell well. They want €195 for the boots whcih is a bit much I think. I'm reluctant to give them a deposit just in case I'm not 100% sure about them when i do get them

Might see if Crossans or HG have anything in stock in my size...

For a start DO NOT GET the RST boots, they are piss poor I had two pairs fall apart on me after 3 and 6mts. They have new boots coming out that are meant to be alot better but I would have my doubts. Get a set of HG boots or the TCX goretex in Crossans or RPM in Drogheda.

The reason the stock is so low at the moment is no one really buys leathers in the winter (only the smart few ;) ) so stock is low but so are the prices. In the summer they have loads of stock but the price goes up.

They do have stock in bikeworld I tried on 3 different jackets and 2 pants, they had to order the jacket as I want to wear my armour so I need a size 60 and the pants they had fitted me but I wanted the standard leg not the short.

Go in and get sized then give them about €150 off the price that will hold the order and it will take a week.

I would not buy anything without sizing it first.....just asking for trouble. If you wanna meet me up there on Friday/Saturday if my stuff is in no probs. Let me know.

No I meant the RST boots, the SS Sport Waterproof ones we were talking about above. Great reviews and price here: http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_rev/29588

Yeah I deffo want to make sure I'm 100% happy before buying. I'm not in a mad rush I just want to get it right.

What did u pay for all yours. how much of a discount did you get?

It cost me €440 for the RST Slice leathers and the RST Long Sleeve Wind Stopper....after the 15% discount. The leathers on there own would be €380 as far as I can remember again with the discount. The RST wind stopper was around €65 or so.....

• Advertisement

That's pretty good, got to be happy with that! What colours did you go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭prunudo

It cost me €440 for the RST Slice leathers and the RST Long Sleeve Wind Stopper....after the 15% discount. The leathers on there own would be €380 as far as I can remember again with the discount. The RST wind stopper was around €65 or so.....

That's a pretty good deal infairness. Did they say if they were ordering in other sizes or was it just your set they were getting in for you.
    Was looking at rst trousers couple weeks back and they didn't have my size to try on?

They are not gonna get a rake of stock in now to have it sit there till the summer in fairness...they have a few jackets up there enough to size you. So if you try a jacket on and its a size to big or small they order it same with pants. The RST delivery is weekly (they place it every sat) so no point in having the stock there TBH.

Pay them a quarter (they say half) of the bill and they order it...simples!

I went for the gun metal grey colour scheme....the black is a bit too black and I dont like the red or green. Having seen the most other leathers it really is hard to beat the RST setup.

Did you know that RST actually repair the Dainese suits now....well so I was reliably told. As they triple stitch aswell, no point sending it back to Italy for repair!

I'll go up and have a look at the weekend and see what they have. It's pretty poor though for them not to carry stock. 34 waist would be a fairly standard size i would have thought. If they don't have my size and I have to wait a week for them to get it in, I may as well just order it online and get it delivered to my door. It's not like I'm passing there that often.

jvan wrote: »
    I'll go up and have a look at the weekend and see what they have. It's pretty poor though for them not to carry stock. 34 waist would be a fairly standard size i would have thought. If they don't have my size and I have to wait a week for them to get it in, I may as well just order it online and get it delivered to my door. It's not like I'm passing there that often.

They do have the stock to size...even if they have the jacket and pants off the rack, I think they order in the new suit. I for one dont wanna be buying a suit that half of Dublin have been trying on!

Go up on Friday (tomorrow) and size then order you have it next Fri...how is that putting you out. I am sure once you size they can deliver or someone off here might be passing by BW and your place.

They do have the stock to size...even if they have the jacket and pants off the rack, I think they order in the new suit. I for one dont wanna be buying a suit that half of Dublin have been trying on!

Go up on Friday (tomorrow) and size then order you have it next Fri...how is that putting you out. I am sure once you size they can deliver or someone off here might be passing by BW and your place.

Yeah know what your saying about half of Dublin trying them on alright.
    Guess I'm just old school when it comes to shopping. They are the dealer, they should have the stock. Just don't see why I should have to revisit a shop to get something they should stock. It's no wonder shops loose business to online stores.

On the flip side to that why should they stock the RST for people (not you) to try on and buy else where? LMAO.

Can you size it any where close to you and ring them and order it....that way you only going up once. If you wanna wait closer to the summer they will have huge stock in then.

Poxy weather in the UK has delayed shipments so not getting my gimp suit this week, not that I need a set of leathers for this fookin sleet & snow.

Well finally got out and about yesterday in the "Star Trek Uniform" leathers. Now as this is my 1st set of leathers I was surprised at a few different things.

The lack of bulk over the textiles is huge, and I am a big fan of the textiles as they cover all the angles. Warm, comfortable, pockets and rain and wind proof. But it comes with a price....BULK.

Having started out in nothing but textiles I did not know any different but the overall freedom of movement in the body and neck with leathers is super and I will find it very hard to go back even in the very cold days. I would just stick the HG rain gear over the leathers for extra heat.

Another factor I was not looking forward to was the cold, I am a cold creature of sorts and I like to be comfortable and warm when out so I can concentrate on the riding aspects rather then the niggles. But I was pleasantly surprised by the protection the leathers offered. It was by no means very cold yesterday but I was warm with just the RST Thermals underneath the leathers and the KNOX armour front and back does act as a wind buffer too and keep the heat in.

Only thing that takes a bit of getting used to is the sliding on the seat...I nearly slid off the bike 1st corner with the leather on leather throwing me around. You have to use the knees and the tank alot more then the comfy textiles I tells ya. :rolleyes:

Overall the RST Slice leathers are an excellant fit and superb value for money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Well finally got out and about yesterday in the "Star Trek Uniform" leathers. Now as this is my 1st set of leathers I was surprised at a few different things.

The lack of bulk over the textiles is huge, and I am a big fan of the textiles as they cover all the angles. Warm, comfortable, pockets and rain and wind proof. But it comes with a price....BULK.

Having started out in nothing but textiles I did not know any different but the overall freedom of movement in the body and neck with leathers is super and I will find it very hard to go back even in the very cold days. I would just stick the HG rain gear over the leathers for extra heat.

Another factor I was not looking forward to was the cold, I am a cold creature of sorts and I like to be comfortable and warm when out so I can concentrate on the riding aspects rather then the niggles. But I was pleasantly surprised by the protection the leathers offered. It was by no means very cold yesterday but I was warm with just the RST Thermals underneath the leathers and the KNOX armour front and back does act as a wind buffer too and keep the heat in.

Only thing that takes a bit of getting used to is the sliding on the seat...I nearly slid off the bike 1st corner with the leather on leather throwing me around. You have to use the knees and the tank alot more then the comfy leathers I tells ya. :rolleyes:

All very true and all very valid points. Now you see why I prefer leathers to textiles any day. The sliding in the seat you'll get used to. Stomp grips on the tank help with that.

Advertisement