Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leathers

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Leathers should grip the seat. Are you polishing it (or your ar$e :p )

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Going to go for RST Stunt set myself, it works out a little bit cheaper and I really like the jacket.
    rst_jacket-leather_stunt_black.jpg

ninja900 wrote: »
    Leathers should grip the seat. Are you polishing it (or your ar$e :p )

It's probably all the hot air :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Going to go for RST Stunt set myself, it works out a little bit cheaper and I really like the jacket.
    rst_jacket-leather_stunt_black.jpg

It's probably all the hot air :D

LOOK its funnys brother NOT FUNNY!

:D

I dont polish the seat could be that I wiped it with a vulcanet wipe about 10 yrs at this stage but the textiles do grip it better...it will get better I hope. I will get a velcro strip for my ass if needs be.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I dont polish the seat could be that I wiped it with a vulcanet wipe about 10 yrs at this stage but the textiles do grip it better...it will get better I hope. I will get a velcro strip for my ass if needs be.

It's odd, completely opposite for me, textiles slide all over the place, leathers not so much. Don't get me started on the rain overalls, a few painful memories from hard braking, I'm surprised I was able to father another child tbh!

• Advertisement

Do we have the same saddles Blu3? As in is the texture of them....never really looked before. But nothing slides on my saddle only the leathers I got, not even the HG rain gimp suit I got in the lashings of rain.

BTW,

Where are you sourcing the other leathers?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Where are you sourcing the other leathers?

Placed an order with http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/, got my trousers and helmet (free :P) today! Jacket is on back order for the end of next month, I don't mind considering the free helmet!

RST Stunt Jean
    rst_jeans-leather_stunt_black.jpg

And my free AGV K3, had to pay for the tinted visor though :mad:.
    agv_k3_matt-black.jpg

Both the helmet and trousers are really comfy, I think the helmet might be a little bit quiter than what I have as well which is an added bonus!

Once I have the Jacket I'm almost all sorted, need to get new boots for the summer!

Have to go for a spin now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Nice one Blu. Is there anywhere to put the sliders on the trousers or do they not have them? Love the AGV, I always liked the K3. Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

How did ya wrangle the free stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

goodlad wrote: »

Probably similar to special offers Demon Tweeks do, like order leathers and jacket and get a helmet (usually KBC) and gloves free.

• Advertisement

Nice one Blu. Is there anywhere to put the sliders on the trousers or do they not have them? Love the AGV, I always liked the K3. Fair play.

No sliders on these ones, I was tempted but to be honest for the extra 40/50 quid it really wasn't worth it. I've dragged my knees around once or twice on the track last year and got it out of my system!
    goodlad wrote: »

No idea, ordered the stuff online. The next day they said it was all out of stock but here is a AGV K3 you won in a competition, if you decide to wait for the stock :confused:....I don't remember entering in to one but hey, I wasn't gonna complain was i!

Nice one blu3, that helmet is tasty alright. A little bland but looks nice and comfy....will try it on when I see ya next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Nice gear blu. Next time I see a ninja on a bike I'll know it's you behind the visor

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Nice gear blu. Next time I see a ninja on a bike I'll know it's you behind the visor

I usually wear a hi-viz west as well so not a very good ninja lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I dunno, sometimes hi viz is the same as an invisibity cloak. It's the only explanation I can come up with for the idiots I see on the road

I dunno, sometimes hi viz is the same as an invisibity cloak. It's the only explanation I can come up with for the idiots I see on the road

LOL tell me about it, some blind fookers out there!

Maybe you are the ninja instructor? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

That should be the post of the day!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Forgot to post earlier but I bought the RST Slice leathers:

RST-Slice-Leather-Jacket-Black_700_600_3PJGC.jpg
    RST_Slice_womens_jeans.jpg

I have not worn the pants on the bike yet but the jacket is great and it all fits pretty well.

I bought them from this ebay seller who does free delivery.

Zascar wrote: »
    Forgot to post earlier but I bought the RST Slice leathers:

RST-Slice-Leather-Jacket-Black_700_600_3PJGC.jpg
    RST_Slice_womens_jeans.jpg

I have not worn the pants on the bike yet but the jacket is great and it all fits pretty well.

I bought them from this ebay seller who does free delivery.

Lovely leathers I have the same ones in the "GUN METAL" grey and white. Very comfy and very well made.

Enjoy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement