Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good cafe/restaurant in Sandyford Industrial Estate

Options
  • 04-01-2013 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    just wondering does any one know of a good cafe/restaurant in Sandyford Industrial Estate area. Might be working in the area for a week or two and want somewhere to go for lunch/ evening meal that is reasonable good but not too expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Baan Thai is a good option

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

China Sichuan is excellent and actually inside the estate whereas the Baan Thai's across the main road.

The Beacon shopping centre has a number of cafés. Beacon Food

There are numerous other options in the wider area depending on what your chosen style of food might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There is also a Thai restaurant on the ground floor of the Beacon Hotel...

http://www.thebeacon.com/My_Thai_Restaurant/Default.1245.html

For a regular carvery pub lunch you can drive down Brewery Road and turn right at the lights for the Leopardstown Inn.

http://www.leopardstowninn.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

'Itsabagel' have an outlet near the Beacon Hospital. It is really a takeaway place but do great choice of fillings and a daily soup. Also does gluten free bagals.

There are several lunch type sandwich places in the block at the back of the Dunnes Stores and close to the children's play place 'Imaginosity'.

Greens Restaurant is upstairs over Leapardstown Inn, already mentioned but there would be bar food downstairs also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I believe the Grub in the Sandyford house is lovely, never tried it myself but I've been told by a few different people that it's quite good

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I found China Sichuan to be incredibly boring. All the ingredients seemed to be high quality, the premises itself was lovely, but the food was boring and bland - the opposite of what I believe (perhaps wrongly) Chinese food should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Tragedy wrote: »
    I found China Sichuan to be incredibly boring. All the ingredients seemed to be high quality, the premises itself was lovely, but the food was boring and bland - the opposite of what I believe (perhaps wrongly) Chinese food should be.

Wow it must have changed a lot since I was at the previous incarnation in Kilmacud/Stillorgan. Was amazing food when I ate there a few years ago. What did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Pizzicato that's all you need its only opened delicious food and reasonably priced.

Advertisement