Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"131" registered MHs

Options
  • 04-01-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

First one leaving the yard today!

FF5DAD9C-1CBD-4F03-969A-1AC18568FD74-3581-0000046D7ADECFBD.jpg

I've 2 more to get out ASAP after this, any more around folks? Any of ye taking the plunge ? Actually, it's the first 131 I've seen!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭WildWater

Cool and best wishes to the owner but I think it will be quite a few years before I'm driving one with three digits before the letters!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Des32

Bet 1 of the other ones is for you !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I wish... I own nothing newer than 2004!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭WildWater

Des32 wrote: »
    Bet 1 of the other ones is for you !

:D:D yes, you got me. I'm due to pick it up in 2023 :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Can someone tell me what the reason is for having a 1 before the 13 please.

Surely it's not to please superstitious people:confused:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nail on head.

It's a 1 after the 13 though.
    So in the second half of this year well have 132, next an its 141, then 142 etc
    They hope it'll level out demand for new cars through the year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Can someone tell me what the reason is for having a 1 before the 13 please.

Look again ;)

The reason for halving the year is to spread new registrations so the the purchase of new vehicles is not totally biased towards January. From July the reg. will be 132 (2) representing the second half of the year.

Thanks folks, yes I did mean to put after not before.

I can now see the point, didn't know they were halving the registration year. Sounds like a good idea in theory, wonder if it will work though.

Didn't finish what I was saying, brain's not working well today.

What I was thinking of is that a lot of people like to have the new year registration as soon as possible, just to be flash as much as anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

Hi all
    One reason for the change in numbering which has not been mentioned so far but which I believe will become more important is that there are quite a few imported vintage vehicles in the country which have numbers reflecting their year of manufacture.Shortly we could have had the situation where you could have 20-d-1 on a 1920 model t ford and 20-d-2 on a 2020 Hymer
    Yours Zambo

• Advertisement

Not sure about the rest of the country but we don't see many Model T Fords around Mayo:D.
    ( I'll keep an eye out but I don't think I'll actually see many 1920 reg. of any make).

Advertisement