Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY corner shelves

• 04-01-2013 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

I want to build a set or corner shelves to use as a pantry. I am relatively DIY sufficient, but need some assistance on design.

I have attached a quick mock-up of what I want. looking for a continuous corner shelf. The wall behind is partially solid concrete and partially plaster (shown in attached)

The main part I'm struggling with is the corner & how to have the continuous shelving without too many visible studs/brackets/etc

The attached shows only 3 shelves, but I'm looking at around 5.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

What's the budget.....can you use a circular saw....give some dimensions

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Budget around 250
    Circular saw - no problems

Dimensions (approximate):
    height: 180cm
    width (from centre to each end: 80-90cm)
    shelf depth: 20-25cm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

250 might as well do it right so

Cut your shelves out as one peice don't join them 18 mdf you can prime an paint easy enough

The side will be 1800x250 the shelves cut in an L 782x782x240 the back 12mm MDF 1800x800x2

I nearly forgot sorry a peice 1800x60mm take a notch out of your shelves at the back 60 x18 mm to support them

Advertisement