Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions on innotab for kids

• 04-01-2013 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi I posted something similar to this no the gadgets forum so mod feel free to get rid of this I'd it's off topic but I figured I would get a quicker answer from a parent on this one. Santa brought an innotab 2. I tried to sign up to the website to make it easy to download games. It's not acknowledging that my device is connected. The kids can't ex this themselves obviously coz it's designed to let the parent watch what their kids are doing by logging on to this site.Have any other parents had issues with this device and if so how did you rectify it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No, no issues, we've two here and they are both registered and get regular use. Although the battery usage is really crap, only complaint.

Is the innotab turned on when it's connected to the computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Yes it's turned on and on its screen there is a picture of a pc and a device and the word connected.It could be a fault with the website maybe because it showed on the pc that it was connected.. I have the plug too so she hasn't been using it with batteries.Did you get the rechargeable batteries? Do you think it benefits reading? I was surprised how fast my 5 year old worked the whole thing out.thanks for the reply .

Have to get that plug. Yeah using rechargables.

When you say the website, what do you mean? You download the games to the learning lodge and then transfer them onto the innotab from the learning lodge application.

January wrote: »
    Have to get that plug. Yeah using rechargables.

When you say the website, what do you mean? You download the games to the learning lodge and then transfer them onto the innotab from the learning lodge application.
    Yes, on the learning lodge I am unable to set it up because it's saying that my device isn't connecting. I might try it again by erasing the app from my pc and downloading it again. So the rechargeable batteries dont last long do they? Are they worth buying.

Well, we put rechargables in at about 3 and they've been alternating it since, it's been on and off and they're already low. They'll be gone in the next half hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My little one gets about a day out of the batterys. I think they are Duracell Supreme 2000mh.

Silly question, but are you using the usb that came with the table? the first few times I just used what every usb I could find, but realised it will only work with little grey usb supplied with the tab.

I've had our one with a few months. I bought a new SD card for my camera and gave her the old 2g one. within 6 weeks the card was no longer readable. Now we've gone through 3 new ones! All work about 3 times then they are unreadable. They cant be read in any device. No idea why.

Also watch the clip on the battery compartment I snapped off the little latch the first I put in the battery.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    My little one gets about a day out of the batterys. I think they are Duracell Supreme 2000mh.

Silly question, but are you using the usb that came with the table? the first few times I just used what every usb I could find, but realised it will only work with little grey usb supplied with the tab.

I've had our one with a few months. I bought a new SD card for my camera and gave her the old 2g one. within 6 weeks the card was no longer readable. Now we've gone through 3 new ones! All work about 3 times then they are unreadable. They cant be read in any device. No idea why.

Also watch the clip on the battery compartment I snapped off the little latch the first I put in the battery.
    I am using the USb supplied. Weird about the sd card. I actually put one in from my phone with the adapter that came with it. I erased some of her videos this evening so it wouldn't fill up. Just stuff with her taping the telly lol. I tried the app this evening again. Deleted it from my pc and 're downloaded it.No ljoy. I also emailed them so it will be interesting to see what reply I get. I think it'sthe app as opposed to the USb because I am getting prompts to say both the device and pc are connected. It's just the app that seems to not acknowledge it.
    I might invest in those batteries. One of the games requires the child to turn around etc physically and it's not working whilst connected to a plug.. as you may imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

try the tesco thread on the bargain alerts to find cheap batteries.
    Also try youtube for help on troubleshooting. If your getting as far as the computer connecting to the unit, you have a hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

A few updates on how to do stuff on the Innotab 2 that I have found so far.

Copy mp3s to In2 - use the LLN sw Filemanager provided.

Copy photos - use the LLN sw or copy direct to the LLN/photos folder or SD photo folder.

Copy videos - use Mediacoder or Avidemux v 2.5.6 (not latest) to convert (also check utube travisgrindal) then copy directly to video folder.
    I tried Freemake with same settings but it didnt seem to open on In2.

Download free utube videos and convert then put on the In2 for much gratitude.

Also join Yahoo groups http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Innotabcustomizers/
    and try their Thumbnail editor and any new stuff they come up with.

There may be a useable flashplayer built in the the In2, few people on there trying to migrate flash games and also suggesting converting ebooks to flash. Havent tried myself and not sure anyone has had success yet.

For people with problems detecting the device in LLN, the problem is apparently an issue with newer versions of Flash and an older version is suggested.
    Info here

Thanks very much for the replies much appreciated. I will try that thing with flash.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It might be worth investing in eneloop batteries for them .
    I bought the kit on amazon previously.
    They are brilliant for anything that eats batteries .

Advertisement