Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canteen curry sauce?

Options
  • 04-01-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65,489 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anyone know how to make / buy canteen curry sauce? You know what I mean, the one you get in a canteen / pub / cafe / cheap restaurant. As in the chicken curry, chips and rice :)

Not the one from a Chinese take away and I don't think it's the one from a fish and chips shop

I have tried the packs you buy in supermarkets but they're no good. I have a bag of mild curry powder from the Asian shop, hope I can use that?

Or is it a particular mixture you can only buy in a wholesalers? Cafe owners / chefs please reply here too, if you can!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

McDonalds curry sauce is what's used in an awful lot of those café\pub\chipper places. Picture of it in the link below. I'm sure you can get it in supermarkets etc.

http://www.foodireland.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=581903

• Registered Users Posts: 65,489 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Thanks for that, haven't tried that one. A quick google shows me Tesco stock it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Pretty much every supermarket stocks it. Sooooo bad, but soooo good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,489 ✭✭✭✭unkel

MarkMc wrote: »
    Sooooo bad, but soooo good!!

Exactly :D

I get the cravings for this stuff from time to time :)

Has to be with rice AND chips too :)

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Sertus

Knorr curry sauce in one of those powdered soups style packets tastes just like it as well. You'll find it in nearly any convenience store / supermarket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

unkel wrote: »

Exactly :D

I get the cravings for this stuff from time to time :)

Has to be with rice AND chips too :)

I'm on Atkins. So that is a pretty much permanent craving :(

Advertisement