Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Away

Options
  • 04-01-2013 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi, looking for advice/opinion on this. I am planning a night way for my wife and I for 1 night (hotel break) for next next month. We have a 2 year old and a 5 month old and both are great sleepers and both my mother-inlaw and my mother have offerd to look after them for the night..anyways my question is do you think it would be to soon to leave both of them for the night or should we jump at the offer...(my wife is aware of the night away).....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Jump at the chance if you can and are comfortable with it. Babies will be fine with the grandparents. Like Captain Morgan said I think we forget that they've raised kids too!

I remember when my first daughter was a few weeks old my mum asked me to go shopping with her and to leave the baby with my dad and I blurted out "but what if she needs to be fed?!" (I wasn't breast feeding) and my dad said "Jesus, I raised four of you and you're all healthy and happy I know how to make a bottle, now go on!"

You will be nervous and you will want to ring every ten minutes to check everything is ok, but do it, you'll enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭cbsam74

thanks lads for that...well since i last put the post up my wife has just booked Peter Marks to get the hair done and buzzing with excitement...Roll on the G Hotel..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Enjoy your night away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Aww, that's nice. I was there a few years ago. Be sure to book into their thermal suite pool area. It costs extra but is really relaxing. Mad jealous, would love a night away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭cbsam74

Sure will. We were there once before and always wanted to go back, so we cant wait..booked a few surpise treats as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Enjoy your night away. Like the other posters have said, your parents raised ye and your still alive. if you can get someone to look after your babies for the night then take them up on the offer. We had our first night away over the christmas when we went to a friends wedding. We left our 3 month old with her parents and sister and they all got on fine. Luckily, he's a good sleeper

Advertisement