Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

install microsoft framework 3.5

Options
  • 04-01-2013 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

bit of a problem,

Im trying to install microsoft framework 3.5 with no luck, it seems to get through the install and them give me an error at the end saying "microsoft framework encountered a fatal error"

im running windows visita home premium service pack 2, 32 bit system

anyone any ideas, have tried reinstalling and removing any previous versions of framework 3.5 but no luck

tried this cleanup tool too but no luck
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx

also tried to download the full package and that didn't work either

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

aidanki wrote: »
    bit of a problem,

Im trying to install microsoft framework 3.5 with no luck, it seems to get through the install and them give me an error at the end saying "microsoft framework encountered a fatal error"

im running windows visita home premium service pack 2, 32 bit system

anyone any ideas, have tried reinstalling and removing any previous versions of framework 3.5 but no luck
    Make sure to run Windows update and ensure it is fully up to date, does it provide you with an error code at all?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Miley2

Have you had any malware/virus on that machine? Ive seen in some cases where Malware/removing malware can cause issues with .Net framework and Java.
    Have you any previous versions of .Net installed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭aidanki

Miley2 wrote: »
    Have you had any malware/virus on that machine? Ive seen in some cases where Malware/removing malware can cause issues with .Net framework and Java.
    Have you any previous versions of .Net installed

I removed all the other .net framework versions thinking they were causing the problem.

the cleanup tool I linked to is good at doing the removing

yoyo wrote: »
    Make sure to run Windows update and ensure it is fully up to date, does it provide you with an error code at all?

Nick

error code is 1603 I think

yes windows update is on and fully up to date, framework 3.5 is actually in the update list and it tries to install at shutdown but fails everytime

tried everything with this one at this stage and still no luck, any bright ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try re-running the cleanup tool and then install it via Ninite and see if it helps. Very weird one :S . Make sure to reboot after running cleanup tool and before ninite

Nick

Advertisement