Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building costs and quotes

Options
  • 04-01-2013 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    We live in a small cottage and are hoping to build on an extension and do some renovations this year. We will be applying for a mortgage to do this. We require written quotes for the following if anyone is interested;

Costs for a 40 meter square extension (for kitchen and living room).

Kitchen installed.

Costs to plumb and install a family bathroom and an en-suite.

To remove an asbestos roof, replace and renovate the room to extend the existing cottage.

To cover/replace existing corrugated roof with tiles and add new guttering. (Size of existing building roughly 4.5m x 13m)

To add a new front door to the cottage and 2 larger new windows.

To partition two rooms to make a hallway and a utility room.

To do the electrics.

Or if anyone can give me an idea of any of the costs involved.

We live on the outskirts of Carlow. If anyone would be interested we have some rough sketches drawn up, please email me your telephone number or your email address.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to Prices/costs forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bug111

Hi,
    We live in a small cottage and are hoping to build on an extension and do some renovations this year. We will be applying for a mortgage to do this. We require written quotes for the following if anyone is interested;

Costs for a 40 meter square extension (for kitchen and living room).

Kitchen installed.

Costs to plumb and install a family bathroom and an en-suite.

To remove an asbestos roof, replace and renovate the room to extend the existing cottage.

To cover/replace existing corrugated roof with tiles and add new guttering. (Size of existing building roughly 4.5m x 13m)

To add a new front door to the cottage and 2 larger new windows.

To partition two rooms to make a hallway and a utility room.

To do the electrics.

Or if anyone can give me an idea of any of the costs involved.

We live on the outskirts of Carlow. If anyone would be interested we have some rough sketches drawn up, please email me your telephone number or your email address.

Thanks

Dont know about the rest, but be careful with asbestos. If they are corrugated sheets, they should not be too expensive to remove (no more than normal sheets). Expensive to dispose of, with prices around €320 per tonne plus collection (if you contact your council they should have a list of approved collectors). Given the size of the building, the asbestos should only weigh about 1 1/2 tonnes. Some people will over-charge just because its asbestos. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

you will need to have a survey done for this (cost about €550-€750) in order to classify the type of asbestos. then a contractor can quote for the removal. I would budget about €5000 all in for asbestos alone as depending on the type you may need to have a further survey after removal.

Advertisement