Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seeder, Reduce Lag on Android

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I saw that earlier too. I think things are moving a bit faster, but I could be imagining it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Saw it too, it did seem to make things slightly faster, but there's a hubbub about it being a placebo effect!
    So I dunno! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

The logic behind the app of feeding /dev/urandom/ to /dev/random does nothing except to make /dev/random less random and your device less secure.

The performance boost comes from the app waking up every second to do this, which prevents your CPU from going into deep sleep and keeps it running at a higher clock speed. All this app does is reduce your battery life, make /dev/random less random and hence your device less secure and prevents your CPU from going into deep sleep.

This was all known hours after the app was released, fair play to the dev though for making a bit of money out of conning people though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

XDA have also issued an apology of sorts for promoting that app in a feature article. Sounded like they were a bit embarrassed by the con!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Kavrocks wrote: »

This was all known hours after the app was released, fair play to the dev though for making a bit of money out of conning people though.

What money though? It was an app available for free on XDA?? At least thats where I saw it..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

G1032 wrote: »
    What money though? It was an app available for free on XDA?? At least thats where I saw it..........
    It was on the Play Store for about €1.50 (not sure of the price exactly).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Kavrocks wrote: »
    It was on the Play Store for about €1.50 (not sure of the price exactly).

Oh right, was free when I got it.

Didn't speed anything up for me and I certainly wouldn't pay for it.

edit

It is free on Xda and dev says he'll refund anyone who says it doesn't work and paid through market.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1987032

Advertisement