Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Duathlon Series

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Anyone in for this bad boy on Sunday??

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

yep i am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Three of us heading down to it. Always enjoy this race.

Lunch in Avoca afterwards is always a highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 loughlin84

i bought entry for 1 event in early jan from runireland.com, for entry into the race on sunday (24/02/13) . i cant remember if i entered the race at the time of purchase or was i supposed to enter it through naas tri website. i have a feeling i did enter when i was buying enrty. dont want to go down on sunday, to be turned away!! any advise please?

loughlin84 wrote: »
    i bought entry for 1 event in early jan from runireland.com, for entry into the race on sunday (24/02/13) . i cant remember if i entered the race at the time of purchase or was i supposed to enter it through naas tri website. i have a feeling i did enter when i was buying enrty. dont want to go down on sunday, to be turned away!! any advise please?
    if your in you should be getting a email from naas tri club in the next day or two with the race details, i entered on that website too

• Advertisement

anyone know if this badboy is still going ahead on sunday?

Hopefully we hear sooner than later.

Hopefully we hear sooner than later.

yea, the kilkenny duathlon was cancelled for tomorrow due to the crap weather they acted quickey on it and i think it was the only option in the interest of safety, was due to do that and then naas on sunday!

Even just arranging weekend. If it goes ahead I skip training tomorrow. If cancelled I go training. Hope we get some communication from them soon

Even just arranging weekend. If it goes ahead I skip training tomorrow. If cancelled I go training. Hope we get some communication from them soon

Forecast is fine for sunday.
    Cold but dry so don't see any issue with race.

• Advertisement

How many base layers would be too many?? Haha

How many base layers would be too many?? Haha
    never mind base layers i'm wearing me fleece!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dermo09

3 layers and still freezing, note to self, never ever use a mountain bike again... Check my racer sooner than the night before the race!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Another great race by Naas Tri Club.
    To paraphrase myself walking to the start line: "Oh, there's the timing mat; better not walk on it in case it interferes with my timing chip... ... ... TIMING CHIP!!!! Oh sh!t, I forgot to put on my timing chip". Que panic stations as the rest of the field head for the start line as I leg it back to the bags in the registration area to get my car keys, then check the 2 bags quickly to see if the chip is in them (even though I'm fairly sure it's in my car in the carpark), then leg it to the car, get the chip, put it on, lock the car, legit to the race start to see the last of the runners off in the distance turning the first corner.
    Doh, doh, f'in DOH!
    I think I managed a top 20 place by the end of the race.
    Edit: If anyone has a distance for the bike please post it here. My bike computer went on the blink!

Macanri wrote: »
    To paraphrase myself walking to the start line: "Oh, there's the timing mat; better not walk on it in case it interferes with my timing chip... ... ... TIMING CHIP!!!! Oh sh!t, I forgot to put on my timing chip". Que panic stations as the rest of the field head for the start line as I leg it back to the bags in the registration area to get my car keys, then check the 2 bags quickly to see if the chip is in them (even though I'm fairly sure it's in my car in the carpark), then leg it to the car, get the chip, put it on, lock the car, legit to the race start to see the last of the runners off in the distance turning the first corner.
    Doh, doh, f'in DOH!
    Edit: If anyone has a distance for the bike please post it here. My bike computer went on the blink!
    great result considering the panic at the start fair play to ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dermo09

Would anyone know the exact distances of each of the 3 legs, as my Garmin stayed in run mode !!!!

Dermo09 wrote: »
    Would anyone know the exact distances of each of the 3 legs, as my Garmin stayed in run mode !!!!

Run 1 - 3.2km
    Bike to new Blesso roundabout - 19.2km
    Run 2 - 3.4km

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Macanri wrote: »
    Doh, doh, f'in DOH!

:pac::pac::pac: flipping hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Hi folks,

Planning on doing my first Duathlon (Naas series) in Jan and was wondering if anyone had any tips or training advice?

I can cycle at an average 28/29 km/h and can do a sub-50 10KM run but haven't a clue about how to combine the two training wise

Also - would it be OK wearing cycling bib shorts for the run? Dont want to find out the hard way if possible!

Advertisement