Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Astro boots/blades/runners ??

• 04-01-2013 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

A question to all the lad that play astro football during the week.
    What footwear do you use, and why ?

If its wet: I wear my mouldies, as the grip is better.

Dry: I wear the normal astro runners, as i find the moulds dont go through the artificial grass to well and i tended to strain my ankle and knee's easier.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

*checks that EdenHazard is not the OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Slattsy wrote: »
    Hi all,

A question to all the lad that play astro football during the week.
    What footwear do you use, and why ?

If its wet: I wear my mouldies, as the grip is better.

Dry: I wear the normal astro runners, as i find the moulds dont go through the artificial grass to well and i tended to strain my ankle and knee's easier.
    Last couple of boots have been the firm ground/astro pitch boots and have found them fine. Playing on the newer and older style astro pitches without issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Leiva wrote: »
    *checks that EdenHazard is not the OP.

He'd be more worried about the colour of them! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The Astro boots aren't bad but I find a decent pair of runners better than any boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

cambo2008 wrote: »
    The Astro boots aren't bad but I find a decent pair of runners better than any boots.

Normal runners ?
    I couldnt play in them myself.

There's a lad i paly with and he wears normal runners and in the wet he's slipping all over the shop.

• Advertisement

Normal runners ?
    I couldnt play in them myself.

There's a lad i paly with and he wears normal runners and in the wet he's slipping all over the shop.
    I find them grand tbh. I used to have to wear the Astro boots when playing in the Astro-Park in Coolock but that surface is completely different than the one I play on now with the longer "grass" blades and the black rubber pellets mixed through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I find them grand tbh. I used to have to wear the Astro boots when playing in the Astro-Park in Coolock but that surface is completely different than the one I play on now with the longer "grass" blades and the black rubber pellets mixed through it.

Those ****ing things. :mad:

I could make my own pitch in the garden if I gathered them all up from my front door and throughout the house :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Gaff does be full of them after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have a pair of Nike astro shoes (Bomba I think they are called?) and they've served me for just over 2 years now and holding up well! Wet or dry I find them the business

• Advertisement

I used to play in Coolock too, so i know both surfaces you speak of.

I think runners are also very unprofessional looking ;)

I used to play in Coolock too, so i know both surfaces you speak of.

I think runners are also very unprofessional looking ;)
    Well I'm not a professional :pac:

Well I'm not a professional :pac:

I try.
    I go out in a full kit and even wear shinguards !! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Astro boots.

not blades/studs as the astro.ie leagues dont allow them and tbh on most of the astro pitches you are nust to wear them..

I try.
    I go out in a full kit and even wear shinguards !! :D
    Oh right, well maybe these might be up your street so :pac:

girlzcleatz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I always wear blades for the grip unless it's bone dry, then I might wear normal runners cause it's easier to drag the ball with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

7459.jpg

Most comfortable and best grip going.

tibor wrote: »
    7459.jpg

Most comfortable and best grip going.

I cant see whatever pic you posted there.
    What are they ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Use these at the mo, have to say they are very good imo

kfallon wrote: »

26312213_l.jpg

My friend ordered a pair of boots off them just before Christmas and they arrived yesterday and they had been worn! They came out of the box with dried mud on them. He never had any problem with them before.

I used prodirectsport myself and they were great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

26312213_l.jpg

Nice try, Mike Ashley.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    My friend ordered a pair of boots off them just before Christmas and they arrived yesterday and they had been worn! They came out of the box with dried mud on them. He never had any problem with them before.

I used prodirectsport myself and they were great.

And have they sent them back???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,258 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I use astro boots always.

As above, you shouldnt be wearing Multi/studs/blades as you are cutting the sh1te out of the more modern pitches, tearing them and causing lumps and patches. If they find you wearing them you are gone.

And have they sent them back???

Dunno, he was going calling them today.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Dunno, he was going calling them today.

I got a Liverpool jumper a while back from SD, arrived with the sponsor but no Warrior Logo or Liverpool crest (how does that even happen :confused: ). They usually have a return form with the package, I just filled it out, sent the jumper back and they refunded me. Only prob was I had to pay the postage back to them.

I got a Liverpool jumper a while back from SD, arrived with the sponsor but no Warrior Logo or Liverpool crest (how does that even happen :confused: ). They usually have a return form with the package, I just filled it out, sent the jumper back and they refunded me. Only prob was I had to pay the postage back to them.

Why the **** would you recommend them then?

Why the **** would you recommend them then?

Bought plenty of items from them, only one was a bogey!

And anyway, who said I recommended Sports Direct eh? I said I used those astroturf runners, where in my previous posts did I say to buy them from SD? Learn to read posts properly before you shout your mouth off

26312213_l.jpg
    Bought plenty of items from them, only one was a bogey!

And anyway, who said I recommended Sports Direct eh? I said I used those astroturf runners, where in my previous posts did I say to buy them from SD? Learn to read posts properly before you shout your mouth off

Hmmmm :confused:

Hmmmm :confused:

Oh my jaysus, I'm sure you can buy those on plenty of sites. :rolleyes:

I recommended the runners, tbh I don't know why I'm bothering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Oh my jaysus, I'm sure you can buy those on plenty of sites. :rolleyes:

I recommended the runners, tbh I don't know why I'm bothering
    Haha, bit of crossed wires there! kfallon, I'm guessing your original post shows up as a picture of a pair of astro boots to you? This is how your post looks to us:

235024.png

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Jaysus on my screen it's a pair of luminous Adi5 astrorunners :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Copa mundials, always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

I cant see whatever pic you posted there.
    What are they ?

Adidas mundial team.
    Astro soled version of the copa mundial boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I wore these Nike R10 boots for a good few years. I used to wear them playing on a pitch. Bought them about 7 years ago. They were the best boots I've worn. The only ones that come close are the Copa Mundials.

I still have them now. I might actually start wearing them again. There is a little tear on the right boot; just beside the big toe on the instep. Apart from that they're in perfect shape.

b22617ee9358ab000c93f1126596a1eb.png?1357347906

Last summer I invested in a pair of proper astro turf boots. They're very good. I'd highly recommend them. The grip is great on the sole and the inside is very comfortable.

1681229-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Anyone know where I can pick up a pair of astro mundials in the Dublin area.

I'm over the southside myself but wouldn't mind travelling.

Also if anyone has used both the mundials and the Adidas adi5 which did they prefer and why.

• Advertisement

Last summer I invested in a pair of proper astro turf boots. They're very good. I'd highly recommend them. The grip is great on the sole and the inside is very comfortable.

1681229-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Ah man I saw them in white on sale in lifestyle for €30, was actually coming in here on the off chance that someone mentioned them! Weird!

Gonna go back and try and grab them now tomorrow. I play in nets on full pitch Astro on Sunday's and don't like wearing the studs on the surface, but playing 5-a-side astro I kind of like my moulded studs. Will hopefully get those bad boys above and post my opinion.

EDIT: Actually, just had a look on the Lifestyle site, here they are http://www.lifestylesports.com/en/restofworld/football-boots/free-football-x-ite/invt/13002400/?VBMST=adidas%20astro

Bought those bad boys yesterday and had a chance to play in them, they're an absolute dream. Exactly what I wanted in a best of both worlds situation between boots and runners.

46667.jpg

Had black/orange and black/green if white isn't your thing, highly recommend them, brilliant for €30.

Lifestyle sports?

I kinda hate boots without a tongue flap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

tibor wrote: »
    Adidas mundial team.
    Astro soled version of the copa mundial boots.

+1 for these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lifestyle sports?

Yep. €30 online with €3 delivery, or €30 in store. The black/orange ones were €25 but they didn't have my size and I kind of wanted white.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yep. €30 online with €3 delivery, or €30 in store. The black/orange ones were €25 but they didn't have my size and I kind of wanted white.

I tend to go in harder on lads that wear white boots ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Got these about 2 years ago and they are the best astros I've ever had. So light on your feet and feels great control. Harder to get now though. I find some of the newer astro boots are a bit heavier and bulkier than they should.

16508.jpg

1681229-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Aw, they don't have my size. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Lads, does anyone know of a pair that would help prevent a recurring ankle injury?

I've gone over on my ankle more times than I can remember and am looking for astros with any extra support.

Obviously most of it is down to a weak ankle/bad balance but anything that helps is a bonus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Lads, does anyone know of a pair that would help prevent a recurring ankle injury?
    Have you gotten a proper diagnosis? Unless you've actually been recommended boots with extra stability, they could easily be doing more harm than good depending on the injury

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've gone over on my ankle more times than I can remember and am looking for astros with any extra support.

I was having a bit of trouble with my right ankle playing on astro for around 6 months, nothing major but would tend to get really uncomfortable when starting a match and if I took a shot on my right it would go - couldn't put much pressure on it but could eventually run it off.

I just recently got a pair of these on sale and they have helped a lot, a lot sturdier ankle support than the Bombas/Adi5s I had before and they fit like a glove!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

28064212 wrote: »
    Have you gotten a proper diagnosis? Unless you've actually been recommended boots with extra stability, they could easily be doing more harm than good depending on the injury

There aren't boots to my knowledge with extra stability. There are Asics and Mizuno football boots mouldies/studs that are kinder to less biomechanically sound feet but nothing in astro boots. I recommend you see a professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Some dickhead wearing blades cut my leg open the other nite.And its not the first time either.

For for personal reasons never wear blades on astro.

Astro boots only

• Advertisement
Advertisement