Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Astro boots/blades/runners ??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Go get a pair of mundial astro boots or any of the adidas leather boots they do, will last you 5 years and are actually good.[/QUOTE]

I see all these people every week wearing all these F50 and **** and the ball just runs off the plastic and they're slipping and sliding everywhere.

Can't stand the mongs wearing blades, if I got opened up because some retard couldn't be arsed to wear the proper gear i'd be livid.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Definitely not getting blades, they don't belong on an astro pitch full stop.

Haven't gone to see anyone but from reading up I'm fairly sure it's just a weak ankle having damaged the ligaments. Doing balance exercises, on top of work with theraband to help but was just looking for any boots that may also help stop me turning my ankle.

Cheers for the tip Maximoose, will investigate those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lads, does anyone know of a pair that would help prevent a recurring ankle injury?

I've gone over on my ankle more times than I can remember and am looking for astros with any extra support.

Obviously most of it is down to a weak ankle/bad balance but anything that helps is a bonus!

I'm the same man, both ankles are liable to go at any time when I'm playing. Have had terrible recurring ankle rolls for the last 5 or 6 years, sometimes I'm out for a few days, others I'm out for weeks.

I'm not saying these will sort you out, but I've made the switch from boots to Astros which are more like runners, they are the ones posted a bit above, and wearing them combined with those ankle support compression slips you can get in sports shops/chemists, I've been playing since the new year 3/4 times a week and have had no problems.

Sportsdirect.com have €1 delivery to Ireland at the moment, and £ price = € price, so I highly reccommend picking a pair up:

If you have small feet (8 or less) pick up an absolute bargain for €18:
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/adidas-adi5-x-ite-mens-astro-turf-trainers-263137?colcode=26313745

If you have bigger feet then the Adi5 range have more support around the ankle than a boot, more like a pair of Asics running shoes for footy:
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/SearchResults?DescriptionFilter=adi5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I wear runners and have never had any problems. People that wear studs need a slap and it seems like they are the only people who ever stand on your toes grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭earlytobed

Its a bit of a no brainer- Astro boots/shoes are designed for playing on astroturf. I have been playing for years and a pair would last 18 months or so. ive had Umbro,Puma, Nike but found leather Adidas( Adi nova i think) from a couple of years ago ones the best

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I'm the same man, both ankles are liable to go at any time when I'm playing. Have had terrible recurring ankle rolls for the last 5 or 6 years, sometimes I'm out for a few days, others I'm out for weeks.

I'm not saying these will sort you out, but I've made the switch from boots to Astros which are more like runners, they are the ones posted a bit above, and wearing them combined with those ankle support compression slips you can get in sports shops/chemists, I've been playing since the new year 3/4 times a week and have had no problems.

Sportsdirect.com have €1 delivery to Ireland at the moment, and £ price = € price, so I highly reccommend picking a pair up:

If you have small feet (8 or less) pick up an absolute bargain for €18:
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/adidas-adi5-x-ite-mens-astro-turf-trainers-263137?colcode=26313745

If you have bigger feet then the Adi5 range have more support around the ankle than a boot, more like a pair of Asics running shoes for footy:
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/SearchResults?DescriptionFilter=adi5

Thanks for the recommendation - just picked up a pair of these for £35. Fingers crossed they do the job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Just started playing Astro Football recently and been using normal runners.

I think I might buy a pair of proper boots and was just looking on the Nike site. Can anyone please tell me should I be looking for Turf boots or Artificial Grass Boots.

I was in the Nike store in Blanch and the chap was trying to sell me Artificial Grass boots which have moulded studs on them

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭earlytobed

stevieob wrote: »
    Just started playing Astro Football recently and been using normal runners.

I think I might buy a pair of proper boots and was just looking on the Nike site. Can anyone please tell me should I be looking for Turf boots or Artificial Grass Boots.

I was in the Nike store in Blanch and the chap was trying to sell me Artificial Grass boots which have moulded studs on them
    Turf Boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

anyone know any dublin shops that are selling these.

Adidas Mundial Team Turf - http://www.sportsdirect.com/adidas-mundial-team-astro-turf-football-boots-mens-263016

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yep. €30 online with €3 delivery, or €30 in store. The black/orange ones were €25 but they didn't have my size and I kind of wanted white.

Good man, think I'll drop into lifestyle tomorrow on lunch ;)

I have a pair of Astro boots I got last year but they are a bit weird and havn't really taken to them at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

TheDoc wrote: »
    Good man, think I'll drop into lifestyle tomorrow on lunch ;)

I have a pair of Astro boots I got last year but they are a bit weird and havn't really taken to them at all

Went into a few lifestyle and they only had babyfeet sizes left : /

Advertisement