Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an 5/6/7 a side soccer tournaments starting up soon?

Options
  • 04-01-2013 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

So ya, a long Christmas of beer and food has past and need to go back doing physical exercise. Just wondering is there any astro turf soccer leagues starting up in the new year in cork city? Or is it too late to join in? How many a side and how much? Used play a good bit in college and would love to get back into it.

Would also play friendlies against teams from boards if anyones interested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

www.footy.ie is starting either next week or the week after for a 14 week season. Wed and Thurs nights in Garryduff.

Standard is quite high though, especially on Wed nights. Better standard than Astro.ie I find. 7 a-side. No walls on the sides or ends of pitches though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

www.footy.ie is starting either next week or the week after for a 14 week season. Wed and Thurs nights in Garryduff.

Standard is quite high though, especially on Wed nights. Better standard than Astro.ie I find. 7 a-side. No walls on the sides or ends of pitches though.

Yeah, those leagues starting again on Wed/Thurs week. Wednesday is division 1 and Thursday div 2. Good craic and definitely competitive. Division 2 tends to be the 30 and 40-somethings who are on the way out - a lot of strapping, paunches and bald-spots visible - so it depends on what level you think you could manage. Not sure if teams will be looking for new players but contact the organisers and they will check it out. You would need 9 or 10 lads to enter your own team, not sure if that is possible for you.
    Cost us about €75 pp for the last season of 14 matches - good value imo! I might see you on Thursday week - wear a red carnation so I can recognise you and give you a welcoming elbow in the ribs!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebelRed90

Legends, thanks. Yup Ill definitely look into that. Bryonbay2 Ill give ya the heads up now that I once killed a man, looking forward to the duel!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

RebelRed90 wrote: »
    So ya, a long Christmas of beer and food has past and need to go back doing physical exercise. Just wondering is there any astro turf soccer leagues starting up in the new year in cork city? Or is it too late to join in? How many a side and how much? Used play a good bit in college and would love to get back into it.

Would also play friendlies against teams from boards if anyones interested

I have 5 or 6 players who would be interested in a friendly match during the week . If you can gather 5 or 6 players as well we could organize a weekly game . PM if interested .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

We ran a boardsie team in the garryduff Astra last summer, was good craic :)

• Advertisement

I have 5 or 6 players who would be interested in a friendly match during the week . If you can gather 5 or 6 players as well we could organize a weekly game . PM if interested .

Cool man. I might get back to ya next week if thats alright. Need time to get word around to any of my buddies that may be interested!

I think I have around 8 interested players so 4 more and I can book a pitch . Pm me if you want to play .

I think I have around 8 interested players so 4 more and I can book a pitch . Pm me if you want to play .

Story man, cheers for your interested but one of the lads registered us a team in one of these leagues in douglas (www.astro.ie.) so we will be playing once a week as part of a tournament.

RebelRed90 wrote: »
    Story man, cheers for your interested but one of the lads registered us a team in one of these leagues in douglas (www.astro.ie.) so we will be playing once a week as part of a tournament.

No worries man . If any of ye want to play another night let me know because I'll hopefully have a weekly game set up for Tuesday or Thursday night soon .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 concave88

New to boards so not sure if I'm going about this correctly. Anyway, looking to join a soccer team in or around Cork city. Let me know if you or anyone else needs a player.

• Advertisement
Advertisement