Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband and Eircom Phone

• 04-01-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Currently I'm with Eircom for both phone and broadband. Sky for the telly.
    I'm not interested in changing the telly but due to terrible broadband speeds (don't get me started) I'm looking to move from Eircom even if it means a cancellation fee.

So my question is this really, is UPC Broadband and Eircom Phone the way to go or should I go the whole hog and move to both phone and broadband with UPC?

Does or did anyone have a similar setup?
    Appreciate any suggestions

Thanks
    Rory

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭mattser

Moved lock stock & barrel from Eircom to UPC about 18 months ago, Rory. A few little niggles in the first week or two, but I have to say it was the best switch I ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Hi all,

I'm not interested in changing the telly but due to terrible broadband speeds (don't get me started) I'm looking to move from Eircom even if it means a cancellation fee.

So my question is this really, is UPC Broadband and Eircom Phone the way to go or should I go the whole hog and move to both phone and broadband with UPC?

Thanks
    Rory

Move both phone ans broadband to UPC and you wont regret it.

Works out cheaper, easier and is just 100% better in the long run.

UPC tv on the other hand is a diff story...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Really appreciate the feedback guys.
    Looks like it's UPC all the way so.

But as you mentioned SweetCaliber I'll be sticking with Sky for the telly.

My folks moved to UPC from Sky and moved back the next days:)

Thanks again
    Rory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Really appreciate the feedback guys.
    Looks like it's UPC all the way so.

But as you mentioned SweetCaliber I'll be sticking with Sky for the telly.

My folks moved to UPC from Sky and moved back the next days:)

Thanks again
    Rory

Haha same story with my grandparents :D They kepy the broadband and phone though but went straight back to sky the next day haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No point in paying (for example) €46 for UPC bb and €30 for eircom phone when you could get both for €49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

I got rid of eircom phone myself and moved to UPC phone + bb, the UPC line is just as good as the eircom service, no line rental with UPC either. I have Sky for TV also, I would never change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭mattser

I'm quite happy with UPC T.V. What's the advantage of keeping the T.V. with Sky ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

Hi all,

Thanks
    Rory

Please keep us updated on how this works out for you.

I have the exact same set up as you, Eircom phone and broadband & Sky TV. I was originally with UPC for internet and TV, but found their service to be awful (frequent service breakdowns). Hence I switched to Eircom for broadband & Sky for TV.

Sky experience for the past two years is really positive. I wouldn't contemplate going back to UPC for TV.

Eircom experience was initially very good for broadband, but has completely disintegrated over the past few months. Have been on to their service support a heap of times, changed router, removed / changed splitters etc. Now they are telling me that if I want an engineer to look at the problem, I will have to fork out Eur150 (depending on his diagnosis of the problem!!).

Obviously, I would be very interested to hear how you get on, as would love to move from Eircom at this stage, but no point jumping from the frying pan to the fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Quick update,

Rang both Eircom and UPC this morning and moving to UPC for both phone and BB on Sat.

Ericom asked why I was moving and it took all my inner strength not to scream down the phone.
    So I told the girl that I'm not paying for a sub standard service which is barely usable.
    And told her that nothing would get me back

Looking forward to seeing what I hope should be a drastic improvement and will be able to use the apple tv and sky on demand as it should be

Advertisement