Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prestigio or gemini tablet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

the gemini has more storage space for apps 16gig ,vs 4gig, more ram,1gig, vs 512meg for prestigio.
    SEE other reviews re battery life.
    gemini has up to 4 hours battery life,
    see http://www.powercity.ie/index.php?par=10-28&cat=TV,%20DVD,%20Camera,%20Laptop,iPad&action=brandstory

look at this
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-28-522640&pages=&prod=522640&brands=ARNOVA&image=

go to harvey norman,tablets, they have arnova tablet, 10 inch,7 hours ,battery life,very good tablet, i bought 2 of them.
    price 149 euro.good screen,has full usb, mini hdmi port,can play video on hdtvs..http://www.harveynorman.ie/arnova-tablet-10d-g3-502273.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

The prestigio from Harvey normans is a fine little tablet, my brother got one for christmas and i set it up for him, decent memory, with a capacity for more and a nifty processor. Hard to fault it for 150e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The trouble with these tablets is the lack of support, they do not get any updates and usually remain on the firmware they ship with. Android is ever evolving, it's a constant upgrade to newly developed features, everything changes, even the play market. For a few quid more you'd get a Nexus 7 which is made by Asus, a company that has a good reputation and it gets support and updates straight from Google. Just my 2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    The trouble with these tablets is the lack of support, they do not get any updates and usually remain on the firmware they ship with. Android is ever evolving, it's a constant upgrade to newly developed features, everything changes, even the play market. For a few quid more you'd get a Nexus 7 which is made by Acer, a company that has a good reputation and it gets support and updates straight from Google. Just my 2c
    cough..Asus..cough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

cough..Asus..cough

Edited from a Nexus 7, shhhh!

IF you use youtube, browse the web, read ebooks, the arnova ,is fine,
    get a case ,and screen protector whatever you buy.
    it has android 4 ics os. ,good enough for most people,
    get the nexus 7 ,7inch if you can afford it, if the arnova is too big.
    nexus 7 200 euro in most shops.
    149 is a good price ,with 6-7 hours battery life.
    if i pay 149 ,i would,nt be too concerned bout updates.AS long as i can use the standard apps ,youtube, etc

Advertisement