Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 1X Android 4.1.1 upgradehtc 1x android

Options
  • 04-01-2013 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Can anyone help me? I know sfa about my HTC phone but recently it started annoying me by popping up a notification screen about upgrading to Android 4.1 from my existing 4.0. I never had any problem with the previous version but on the mistaken principle that upgrades are good I eventually decided to go ahead with the upgrade. I am now in a position of not being able to connect the phone to my PC as a harddrive something I was able to do before without any difficulty. The phone used to give me the choice of using as a hard drive or charging when connected. Now I am getting a virus warning from AVG, and my PC tells me that I can only upload or download files through Windows Media Player ver 11 and it is insistent on installing something called HTC Sync which is something I don't want.
    I have been onto the HTC site and it tells me to open the notification panel and changes the settings under USB to "use as a hard drive". I have done that but that option is not shown under USB settings
    Is it possible to roll back the new upgrade to the original Android 4 version which never gave me any difficulties or is there a simpler solution. Please bear in mind that I at a level well below novice when it comes to smartphones but I just want to be able to get my photos onto my PC and get some music etc onto my phone.
    I won't be doing many more system updates in the future I can tell you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Don't panic. Try again and then check again on you list of drives shown. At the bottom of the list under "My Compuer" is should now also shoe "HTC ONE X" at the bottom. It does this automatically now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Kilree

Thanks for the reply MoodeRator. There was an icon showing for HTC One X under scanners and cameras but when I clicked on it it just brought up a blank screen. It seems to be treating the HTC as a camera only. Following your reply I tried again and the situation is the same. I forgot to mention in my initial post that the notification panel of the HTC shows two notifications when connected to PC.
    1. "USB Connected" and underneath tab to change settings. (I did tap but there is nothing there to make the HTC act as a Hard Drive.)
    2. "USB debugging connected" which I have never seen before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

strange, uner the "HTC ONE X" I then see sub folder "Internal Storage". Did you reboot your phone before you tried connecting again?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Kilree

Hi MoodeRator, Thanks for coming back. I couldn't remember whether I had rebooted the phone the last time so I did so I tried again a few minutes ago and this time there was a number of folders shown. When I tried to drill down through each folder it showed that there was nothing in them with the exception of a folder called DCIM which had a number of files none of which could be previewed. There was also a number of Windows folders visible which I would not have expected to see. In honesty the whole thing is a mess since this so called upgrade.

Advertisement