Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound bar Macroom.

Options
  • 03-01-2013 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the craic is with the Greyhound Bar there,Seems like a headers gaff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Yep, its where all the local pities do their boozing. Quit your job, draw the dole, get a tracksuit and a child in a buggy to bring with you, spend half your life in the bookies and you'll fit right in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Yep, its where all the local pities do their boozing. Quit your job, draw the dole, get a tracksuit and a child in a buggy to bring with you, spend half your life in the bookies and you'll fit right in.

Sounds like the type of place where a bloke like yourself would get the total piss taken out of you. And a few slaps to round it off.

charlemont wrote: »
    Sounds like the type of place where a bloke like yourself would get the total piss taken out of you. And a few slaps to round it off.

Yes, very possible. As would a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

is that Murrys? if so, then I dispute the earlier suggestions. I was in there on Saturday night. lovely bunch there talking soccer and stuff. barman/owner was lovely

gubby wrote: »
    is that Murrys? if so, then I dispute the earlier suggestions. I was in there on Saturday night. lovely bunch there talking soccer and stuff. barman/owner was lovely

Nope, the Greyhound is further up town, beside Cashmans bookies. Murrays is indeed a lovely house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the craic is with the Greyhound Bar there,Seems like a headers gaff
    Sets the tone for the town really, although some places are good like TP's and Murray's you also have to deal with the likes of the Greyhound and O'Riada's.

Advertisement