Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Paolo Left Skin City?

• 04-01-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

...and if so does anyone know where he has gone? I liked his stuff and was thinking of getting some work done by him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Haven't heard anything and they didn't announce it.

Having said that Danny seems to have moved up from apprentice. In other words I don't know.

I'm Marty will come on with the answers considering he is the Skin City PR manager :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Genki Sudo

Cheers. I just noticed they are advertising for a full-time artist and Paolo's gallery seems to be taken down from the site, so it's looking likely he has left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Where's Marty when you need him? He knows more about Skin City than the people who bloody work there. :pac:

Yes, he's left. I just texted Marty and he told me. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

:pac::pac: Yeh hes left ive been emailing them about getting more work on my arm done, hes left the country according to them :(. Damn it this means I will have had three diffeent artists work on my arm :mad:.

Ill more than likely still stick with Skin City though to get more done on it was hoping to get in next week.

• Advertisement

:pac::pac: Yeh hes left ive been emailing them about getting more work on my arm done, hes left the country according to them :(. Damn it this means I will have had three diffeent artists work on my arm :mad:.

wtf, left the country?! What a load of shíte. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That reminds me of an idea I had to build up something that consists of constantly getting different artists to just add their own thing. Kinda llike one of those stories where everyone writes the next. Must have a think about that again.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    wtf, left the country?! What a load of shíte. :(

Yeh thats what I ccan gather hes left Ireland, ill probably go with Michal in Skin City though as I do like his work.
    Orim wrote: »
    That reminds me of an idea I had to build up something that consists of constantly getting different artists to just add their own thing. Kinda llike one of those stories where everyone writes the next. Must have a think about that again.

Might sound like a great idea but its a bit of a pain in the hole to be honest plus no artist really likes continuing on or having someone else continue on there work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Is it only me, or is it a bit rude for an artist to up and leave without even so much as notifying clients with ongoing work. Even if they were informed that they have a certain amount of days to get in touch to have their piece finished?

Raging he's left 'cos was hoping to get a piece done by him this year :'(

Any idea where's he's gone Marty?

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Is it only me, or is it a bit rude for an artist to up and leave without even so much as notifying clients with ongoing work. Even if they were informed that they have a certain amount of days to get in touch to have their piece finished?

Raging he's left 'cos was hoping to get a piece done by him this year :'(

Any idea where's he's gone Marty?

Hes gone home for good and wont be back :(:( im raging myself :( was a big fan of his work and have a half finished piece. I supposse your right I would have hoped he would have messaged me to let me know before he went but these things happen and thepiece I have requires more than one sitting.

• Advertisement

Hes gone home for good and wont be back :(:( im raging myself :( was a big fan of his work and have a half finished piece. I supposse your right I would have hoped he would have messaged me to let me know before he went but these things happen and thepiece I have requires more than one sitting.

Aww. :( At least the other artists are good though, so they can finish it. Not the same as having Paolo do it of course. :(

Sucks he's gone alright, but as Lynda has pointed out, Skin City are never short of good artists :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah it's not cool when artists leave without a giving everybody a bit of notice, but these things happen I guess.

Yeh on a bright note I am going to pop into Michal in Skin City tomorrow so see what comes of that. Was messaging Paolo on Facebook and wished him the best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Danny has left skin city too, he's up in tallaght ink now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

What's going on? :/ It's like when everybody left Snakebite.

A mass exodus!

Danny has left skin city too, he's up in tallaght ink now.

Had heard that was going to be his first port of call no dis respect to Tallaght Ink but thats a step down and he wont get anywhere near the exposure or education he was getting at Skin City.

Ill still be keeping an eye on his work though, see how he comes along.

As for the mass exodus Paolo just wanted to return home to Italy I cant blame him on that one, Danny wasnt happy being an apprentice anymore and felt he deserved better. There will be one new artist in Skin City on the 14th of January and possibly one more aswell.

Any idea who the new artists are? Seen the advertisement on facebook but nothing to indicate who they may have taken on.

Can't blame Paolo wanting to leave. When I was there last Feb he talked alot about Sardinia. Once the call of home hits a high level it's hard to ignore :)

In fairness to Danny his work is quite good. I know him from around tallaght and have seen work he's done on people i know and a lot of it is really impressive. Definitely one to watch. But i do agree that such a local studio is a bit of a step down.

• Advertisement

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Any idea who the new artists are? Seen the advertisement on facebook but nothing to indicate who they may have taken on.

Can't blame Paolo wanting to leave. When I was there last Feb he talked alot about Sardinia. Once the call of home hits a high level it's hard to ignore :)

Exactly especially when that home is Italy.

No idea who the new artist will be all I know is hes Polish, and as for the other one no idea just got that ones hes still a maybe.

In fairness to Danny his work is quite good. I know him from around tallaght and have seen work he's done on people i know and a lot of it is really impressive. Definitely one to watch. But i do agree that such a local studio is a bit of a step down.

Yeh im with ya ive seen some of his work, and have met him a few times a real nice bloke. He has a lot of talent and I will keep an eye on his work just fear the move to a local studio could be a bad move for him but hopefully he proves me wrong.

Christ Skin City needs a woman in there, too much testosterone :)

Never know, could work the other way. Danny could be the making of Tallaght Ink ;)

Yeh im with ya ive seen some of his work, and have met him a few times a real nice bloke. He has a lot of talent and I will keep an eye on his work just fear the move to a local studio could be a bad move for him but hopefully he proves me wrong.
    He could raise the profile of the studio, you never know!

True he could be as I said I hope it goes well for him. I had a shortlist for my Turtles tattoo I want done , that included Rob Mulligan, Eimear Kearney , Paolo and Danny.

Paolos out :(, so ill still be keeping an eye on Danny.

True he could be as I said I hope it goes well for him. I had a shortlist for my Turtles tattoo I want done , that included Rob Mulligan, Eimear Kearney , Paolo and Danny.

Paolos out :(, so ill still be keeping an eye on Danny.
    I had something in the pipeline with him a few months back but money got in the way. Stupid money.

I had something in the pipeline with him a few months back but money got in the way. Stupid money.

I know your pain i have two works in progress, and my next two planned but just not enough money :o, hopefully by the end of the year ill have at least three of them finished :).

I know your pain i have two works in progress, and my next two planned but just not enough money :o, hopefully by the end of the year ill have at least three of them finished :).
    I hate you a little big bit right now.

I hate you a little big bit right now.

Harsh :(, jealousy's a bitch :p.

• Advertisement

Harsh :(, jealousy's a bitch :p.
    Oh, Im sure you'll get over it..... Somehow.

Advertisement