Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

verification id

Options
  • 04-01-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

im going opening a student account and im only 16 and the only I.D that i have is a passport which is out of date and that is the only form of I.D i have so im just woundering would that be ok to us or not like my mother would be going into the bank with me to open the account

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi stevo159753,

Glad to hear you want to open a bank account with us. If you don't have valid photo ID or proof of address, your mother can go with you and bring her photo ID and proof of address. You should bring your out-of-date passport so the branch can keep it on file too.

Also, we would advise you to make an appointment with your local branch. You can find contact details for our branches here.

In the meantime, you can find out more information on our 2nd Level Student Current Account here.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stevo159753

when i open the account do i get a lazer card too..?? sence im 16..??? thanks for that information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

You're welcome stevo159753.

We no longer offer Laser cards as a product. 2nd level accounts come with an ATM card, however, you may be able to request a Visa Debit card when you open the account.

Thanks again for posting,
    Graham

Advertisement