Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is it no longer an option to cancel eircom account by Email?

Options
  • 04-01-2013 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Why is it not an option to cancel eircom via email?

I've been told I have to cancel by post only and that the 30 day cancellation notice will not be in effect until eircom receive my letter by post! So even though I want to cancel this service ASAP and I've given notice over the phone, it will be at least another 5 days before eircom get my letter and take the 30 day cancellation notice into effect!

This is a ridiculous cancellation process. It just seems to be a way of making the process more difficult for customers and a way to get more money by billing us for the extra couple of days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

NiCiarain wrote: »
    Why is it not an option to cancel eircom via email?

I've been told I have to cancel by post only and that the 30 day cancellation notice will not be in effect until eircom receive my letter by post! So even though I want to cancel this service ASAP and I've given notice over the phone, it will be at least another 5 days before eircom get my letter and take the 30 day cancellation notice into effect!

This is a ridiculous cancellation process. It just seems to be a way of making the process more difficult for customers and a way to get more money by billing us for the extra couple of days.

Hi NiCiarain,

The written notification request is usually just required in the case where customers are moving from eircom to a company on another network.

In most cases where the number is requested to be ported to that network / company. So rather than just ceasing a service or account with eircom (which can be done by e-mail) These LLU requests need to be in writing.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NiCiarain

Well that's a different answer to the answer I got from the eircom representative over the phone. I was told by her that eircom no longer accept cancellation via email. I asked her to check with her supervisor again about that and she wouldn't.

I have now sent an email to phonecancellations@eircom.ie to cancel my service. Please consider that email as my notification to cancel.

Well that's a different answer to the answer I got from the eircom representative over the phone. I was told by her that eircom no longer accept cancellation via email. I asked her to check with her supervisor again about that and she wouldn't.

I have now sent an email to phonecancellations@eircom.ie to cancel my service. Please consider that email as my notification to cancel.

Hi NiCiarain,

Can I just insure, all you are looking to do is cease the service with eircom. Or are you in fact looking to go to another company on a different network?

Thanks, Mark

All I want to do is cease the service with eircom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi NiCiarain

That's fine, As you have already rang the cancellations department now all that needs to be done is to email the notification to the email address advised.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement

I sent a notification of cancellation email on the 4th of Jan. Should I have recieved a confirmation email back from eircom? I haven't received any communication to say my request was being processed or anything.

I'm assuming my account will be closed by the 4th of Feb and I should receive a final bill by that date, can confirm that this is correct?

I sent a notification of cancellation email on the 4th of Jan. Should I have recieved a confirmation email back from eircom? I haven't received any communication to say my request was being processed or anything.

I'm assuming my account will be closed by the 4th of Feb and I should receive a final bill by that date, can confirm that this is correct?

Hi NiCiarain,

Can you PM me with your eircom account number so I can check with cancellations please.

Also can you confirm you are just ceasing the service, or are you moving provider?

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement