Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lemon Tree Takeaway Applewood

Options
  • 04-01-2013 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Anyone been to it yet? Just wondering whether it is Thai or Chinese and what the quality is like.
    Might have to find out for myself this weekend if no one else has been!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

If it hasn't changed since I was last there about five or six years back then it's a good decent Chinese restaurant.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

MugMugs wrote: »
    If it hasn't changed since I was last there about five or six years back then it's a good decent Chinese restaurant.

That's jade palace, decent chinese indeed it is, can't imagine they'd change to pure thai?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭lucky frank lives

lemon tree is thai mainly with chinese aswell, food is very nice, jade palace gone to the dogs

Stheno wrote: »
    That's jade palace, decent chinese indeed it is, can't imagine they'd change to pure thai?
    Like I said, some time ago and it was chinese food that I had there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Have had two take aways so far from the Lemon tree and both were very nice. Chinese curry which was spicy and very tasty, Thai Masaman curry also very good, had chips and a portion of chicken balls as extras; all were much better than the Jade Palace. The Shredded salt and chilli chicken was a 10/10, with a nice kick if you like spicy.

Have asked in the Orchard if they are ever going to do the Chinese (from jade upstairs) and four pints for €20 ever again, was good value and great for the champions league matches but not looking good; which is a pity as we used to go there especially for that deal for mid week matches.

On a side note if you're looking for a very good chinese take away, we always drop into the Mekong in Santry (petrol station before Omni) on the way home from town. Bit far for a takeaway but if you're in the area do give it a try.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Gonna try this place out soon so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

Excellent, sounds promising so. Will have to give it a go this weekend. I have tried Jade Palace a couple of times but always found it sub standard, especially the fact that they use (or at least were using) processed chicken rather than fresh.

Will also try the Mekong at some stage - distance is no object when a good chinese take away is the prize!

It always surprises me by how much the quality can vary between different takeaways for what essentially are identical dishes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Any more reviews on this ???

sharkman wrote: »
    Any more reviews on this ???
    the hot and sour soup is really nice

the hot and sour soup is really nice

Does it have loads of tofu in it?

Can't stand the hot and sour from jade palace, heaving with tofu.

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Does it have loads of tofu in it?

Can't stand the hot and sour from jade palace, heaving with tofu.
    no tofu, noodles, pork,chicken,prawn in a spicey soup, it's really nice

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Just had the set dinner for two , all top notch . Will be ordering again , one of the nicest takeaway meals I've ordered.

sharkman wrote: »
    Just had the set dinner for two , all top notch . Will be ordering again , one of the nicest takeaway meals I've ordered.

At 11am?? :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 R.M.

I was trying to find a menu or phone number for this place online, anyone know if there is one?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

Tried this last night for the first time. Everything we got was lovely.
    I had the Panang Chicken Curry and himself had Kung Po chicken. Really tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

Have been twice now and both times was very happy - I will say the second time there seemed to be a little too much salt in the dishes, but overall I am happy and will certainly be back.
    Also the Thai dishes I have tried so far are all very nice - which is a change as normally Chinese takeaways do not normally do Thai very well

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

For some reason a lot of the chinese takeaways in swords have gone downhill,the chicken in them especially rotten.Tried the lemon tree about a month ago for a change and have to say its very nice,only place i'll order from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭MMAGirl

I was looking for the number of this place everywhere on friday and couldn't find it anywhere.
    I ended up driving down.
    The other takeaways in swords some disgusting chicken substitute. Horrible.
    This one still uses real chicken.
    The number is 8970088 by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭shane6977

Just tried the Lemon Tree for the first time and thought it was the best takeaway we've had in a long time. Had the mini spring rolls, which were really good and came with a lovely sweet chilli sauce; massaman curry and sechuan chicken for the mains were both really tasty. Will definately go back for more!

Advertisement