Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC BB and Phone - Alarm Dialler

• 04-01-2013 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

I am about to switch Broadband and Phone to the UPC bundle from another provider. I still want to retain Sky for TV and also the analog phone wiring within the house for my alarm

Before I switch can I just check - does the current UPC cisco broadband modem have analog phone input(s) which can support some of my existing internal devices:

If so do people know

1) Can I plug my sky box phone line into this

2) I have an analog dialler in my home alarm which calls my phone - can I also plug this into the modem (has anyone done this)?

3) Assuming 1 and 2 I assume I can basically plug the whole analog phone loop in my house into the router (once my internal wiring loop ]is isolated form the old external POTS feed)

Help much appreciated,

C.

Advertisement