Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is creche fees included in maintenance??

Options
  • 04-01-2013 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Few quick questions
    I have a 18month old little boy, Ex and i split up before he was born. Have some access, (not as much as id like but im working on that)
    At the start i paid €100 per week maintenance as she basically blackmailed me that unless i paid this i could not have my name on the childs birth cert (i actually have this in writing from her, signed and dyed)
    After over a year of struggling to pay the @100 per month i had no option only to reduce this to €70 per week.
    I now also pay €140 every second month for his creche fees (paid for the first time today)
    Wha im basicsly wondering is should this be declared also.. she maintains it has nothing to do with social welfare but they have been sending her leters requesting i confirm i now only pay €70. (as she has not let me see said letter i have refused to send a reply until they contact me directly)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yes, everything has to be declared to social welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

January wrote: »
    Yes, everything has to be declared to social welfare.

Thank you... That was my view on the matter swell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Hi guys,
    Few quick questions
    I have a 18month old little boy, Ex and i split up before he was born. Have some access, (not as much as id like but im working on that)
    At the start i paid €100 per week maintenance as she basically blackmailed me that unless i paid this i could not have my name on the childs birth cert (i actually have this in writing from her, signed and dyed)
    After over a year of struggling to pay the @100 per month i had no option only to reduce this to €70 per week.
    I now also pay €140 every second month for his creche fees (paid for the first time today)
    Wha im basicsly wondering is should this be declared also.. she maintains it has nothing to do with social welfare but they have been sending her leters requesting i confirm i now only pay €70. (as she has not let me see said letter i have refused to send a reply until they contact me directly)

Get receipts for every payment and if I was you I would stop making that extra payment for creche until I got it sorted by social welfare or a family court judge.

if i stop paying it then he doesnt go..... Its for his own good that he attends, so that he can mix with other kids

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

she is lucky,

A Judge awarded me , with 2 kids, € 40 per week for BOTH, which I have not received in nearly a year,

Welfare need to know everything,
    Go to family court & get everything in writing ,

• Advertisement

she is lucky,

A Judge awarded me , with 2 kids, € 40 per week for BOTH, which I have not received in nearly a year,

Welfare need to know everything,
    Go to family court & get everything in writing ,

i think from personal experience , any father who wants to take a role in there childs upbringing ends up with an absolut c**t and vice versa, any good woman gets a c**t of a chap.

Personally i think €70 plus the creche is way over the odds for what he needs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Does she work? Why does he need to go to creche to socialize? Is there not a local playschool or parent and toddler group that she can attend?

January wrote: »
    Does she work? Why does he need to go to creche to socialize? Is there not a local playschool or parent and toddler group that she can attend?

No she has never worked... he used to attend the toddler group but its very sporadic if it will be on or not.... badly organised

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I would go to the court house and lodge papers to sort out access and maintenance with the court. The sooner all this is set in stone with the court the better for all parties.

Advertisement