Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

got air in oil burner-how to fix?

• 04-01-2013 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Our oil ran out, got more oil delivered but it won't start.
    it was running when ran out so there must be air in the burner.
    i was told years ago how to fix it but dont fully remember.
    Is it a simple case of take front off burner (I do this sometimes) pull pipe free and suck out until oil comes?

As backup I have the number of a plumber....
    Cheers,
    pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Any amount of threads on Boards about this. Type "bleed oil burner" into the search box and pick the one that suits your boiler.

Failing that, tell us what boiler / burner you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Usually its a case of taking off the front of the burner and there should be an nut than an allen key will fit into. Loosen this slightly to let the air bleed out until the fuel starts to flow, and then tighten the nut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

I'm assuming it's a Riello Burner you have on your Boiler. In which case it should be quite straight forward. If you look at the Burner there should be a long hex part on the left hand side of the burner. It's easy to identify, in the middle of the hex is an Allen key. Using an Allen just loosen off this screw until oil starts to flow. Wait until the air bubbles stop and tighten, you should be ok then. You nay have to repeat the operation a second time but once is usually enough.

Advertisement