If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon Ceol RCDN8

Options
  • 04-01-2013 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there,

what is your best price for:

Denon Ceol RCDN8
    with white or silver wall-mounted speakers (something like the Dali Zensor 1)
    and 6m speaker cable
    for delivery to County Waterford please?

Cheers,
    Ian.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

IanRossMcH wrote: »
    Hi there,

Denon Ceol RCDN8
    and 6m speaker cable

Cheers,
    Ian.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for getting in touch.

For the Denon, Dali Zensor 1s in white, 6 meters of decent cable and delivery you'd be looking at a total of £601.83

Unfortunately there isn't many options for white speakers. We do have a nice pair of Monitor Audio Radius 90s priced at £279.95. The advantage of these is the wall mounts come included in the box.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

IanRossMcH wrote: »
    Hi there,

Denon Ceol RCDN8
    and 6m speaker cable

Cheers,
    Ian.

...or how about the Ceol RCDN8 with the Q Acoustic QA2010i White Gloss at £549.95?

The R90HD's though are just beautiful - I use them myself - we can sharpen the price a little to just £579.95 if you would prefer that option and again they do come with really well crafted wall brackets as standard..

- Confused ?:confused:

:D Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10 IanRossMcH

Hi Chris,

thanks for the quick reply,

unfortunately that £601.83 price is crazily high - sure you have the Ceol RCDN8 with Dali Zensor 1 speakers for £499.99 on your website:
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hifi-system-deals/pah01926 albeit in black.

Separately, I can get the Ceol RCDN8 in white for £349 + £12.95 P&P from Amazon / Planet Gizmo at:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/DENON-RCDN8-AIRPLAY-NETWORKED-SYSTEM/dp/B008JCIR92/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&m=AK4SPTLXEI07L&qid=1357656566&s=generic&sr=1-6

and the Q Acoustics 2010i in white for £148.50 + free delivery from Amazon / Nintronics at:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006NYFNC2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A18OW5CKQ0ARO7

I was hoping you would have something competitive in white as a bundle...

The Denon-bundled SCN8s would be fine (and a bit cheaper) if you have them, otherwise i was thinking of the Dali Zensor 1s with their integrated wall mount - I think with the Q Acoustics it would need something like the 2000WB wall bracket (another £10 each?)

John, thanks for the pointer to the Radiuses, but the price is just getting too high - can you work your magic on a value bundle instead?

Cheers,

Ian.

IRM,

many thanks for the post:

The RCDN8 Ceol / Dali Zensor 1's are currently £499.95 - but the Dali's are in black, not white!
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hifi-system-deals/pah01926

I can do the RCDN8 Ceol / Q Acoustic 2010i Gloss white at the same price - ie £499.95 and delivery on this system would be £12.95.

We don't stock the Denon speakers as the available alternatives from Monitor Audio / Q Acoustics / Tannoy Mission etc are all far higher quality..

The Q Acoustics do need brackets to allow wall mounting at £19.95/ pair

As per your PM we can do 6 mtrs of the excellent Symphony 300 cable in matching white at £8.95 (reduced from £11.94)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/symphony-300/gale-symphony-300

Apologies for the delay and keep me posted if we can assist,
    ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gtreanor1

Hi, 
    I recently bought a Denon ceol. It is paired with an XPs pc using Windows 7. My problem arises when I select Airplay in Itunes to play music. The Ceol will play for a few moments but then will default to "List empty" and not play any more music. The Ceol unit will play music from my Iphone over Airplay without issue. As soon as I switch on my the pc, the Ceol reverts to "List empty". 
    I have reset, upgraded and contacted the Denon helpline also to no avail.
    Can anyone help?
    Regards.

• Advertisement

Gtreanor1 wrote: »
    Hi, 
    I recently bought a Denon ceol. It is paired with an XPs pc using Windows 7. My problem arises when I select Airplay in Itunes to play music. The Ceol will play for a few moments but then will default to "List empty" and not play any more music. The Ceol unit will play music from my Iphone over Airplay without issue. As soon as I switch on my the pc, the Ceol reverts to "List empty". 
    I have reset, upgraded and contacted the Denon helpline also to no avail.
    Can anyone help?
    Regards.
    Sounds completely bonkers and apologies for the inconvenience - have you called Jonny in Denon Belfast - he can normally sort out any issues over the phone (unless of course they are hardware related)

If you cannot get it sorted by all means drop it back to us - it's covered by a 2 year warranty so you should be OKAY and Denon are excellent at getting to the bottom of these quirky issues - if you need Jonnys number just drop me a line and I'll PM it back to you,

Thanks again and we will get it sorted!

ATV,

John Mc & Crew

Sounds completely bonkers and apologies for the inconvenience - have you called Jonny in Denon Belfast - he can normally sort out any issues over the phone (unless of course they are hardware related)

If you cannot get it sorted by all means drop it back to us - it's covered by a 2 year warranty so you should be OKAY and Denon are excellent at getting to the bottom of these quirky issues - if you need Jonnys number just drop me a line and I'll PM it back to you,

ATV,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,
    I have indeed between in touch with both Pat and Johnny and to no avail. I reckoned before I sent it back to you that I would try this forum to see if there was some last great hope before posting.
    Regards,

Hi John,
    I have indeed between in touch with both Pat and Johnny and to no avail. I reckoned before I sent it back to you that I would try this forum to see if there was some last great hope before posting.
    Regards,
    GT,

I've never been described as a last great hope unfortunately!

If yo get it back to us we will send it to Denon and see what they reckon - whatever you do can you give us as full a fault description as possible including your PC OS etc.

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

ATV,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,
    Regards,

Hi John,
    Regards,
    GT,

Not often I'm called the last great hope!

Apologies again that I can't throw any light on it - if the boffins in Denon can't solve it I think it needs to come back to them..

If you can complete as full a fault description (inc your PC OS I'd recommend) and get it back to us we will send it to Denon and keep you posted,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.