Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S2 USB Connector Fix

• 04-01-2013 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

So I am almost certain that the USB port on my S2 is damaged. Have the flashing battery icon and random openings of the handsfree kit application push to talk. Not able to connect via USB to the computer any more either.

Have tried Reset, cleaning the port and replacing the battery all to no avail. I have done a little research into the symptoms and everything points to a damaged USB port on the phone.

Found the part here and a video here and it dosent look too hard. I have replaced a screen on an Iphone 3GS before so hopefully it is not as hard as that, have all the required tools.

So does anyone have any experience of replacing parts on these phones. To be quiet honest the USB connection on the S2 seem a bit fragile compared to the Galaxy S plus there is no flap on the S2 either. Was shining a light in there and I can see a gap in the plastic to the board, very easy for water to get in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

The S2 is a piece of pee to take apart, 4 or 5 philips head screws and it'll unclip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Oh, there's a video. Nothing to catch you out anyway

Advertisement