Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2x1 cheap Timber Where to buy

• 04-01-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi All
    I'm looking to build some shelves in my shed
    i'm looking for 2x1 (inches) lengths of timber, where can i buy this cheaply as i was looking on the woodies website and it looks like its about 20 euro a length

I have to be looking at the wrong price ? :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading
    PS. i'm in Lucan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Goodwins Lucan (Up past Adamstown on the right just at Lucan Sarsfields GAA |Club) open until 1PM I think tomorrow. Builders Providers so much cheaper than well-lit showrooms! Or there is anothe builders providers down on the Strawberry Beds name escapes me and I don't know their opening hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

wait4me wrote: »
    Or there is anothe builders providers down on the Strawberry Beds name escapes me and I don't know their opening hours

That's Chadwicks.

Here's Goodwins prices. http://www.goodwins.ie/c-272-50x22mm-2x1.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tcdd

Thanks Guys
    You have saved me a lot of money
    I knew 20 euro a length was to much :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

tcdd wrote: »
    Thanks Guys
    You have saved me a lot of money
    I knew 20 euro a length was to much :D

Always buy timber from builders providers. I bought a dozen 2 x 1 rough timber recently from Heiton Buckley for (as far as I recall) €2.50 (inc. VAT) per 4.5 metre length.

Advertisement