Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I have health insurance?

Options
  • 04-01-2013 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Im a 27 year old female, no real family history medical issues. I'm in a permanent job for the last 6 years. I am relatively healthy i.e. I have borderline high cholesterol as it runs in the family but that's it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

FairCity12 wrote: »
    Im a 27 year old female, no real family history medical issues. I'm in a permanent job for the last 6 years. I am relatively healthy i.e. I have borderline high cholesterol as it runs in the family but that's it.

that's really up to you. Emergency situations happen and medical conditions arise
    My son needed to see an ent consultant. 18 months public or when does it suit you to visit for private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'm the same age as you (male though) with no history of health problems and I've chosen not to have health insurance for the time being. It's just too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I'm in the same situation and I'm not signing up for health insurance on the basis I simply cannot afford it, especially when premia are increasing year on year.

Advertisement